"Dream" Review March 2016

kc58ab

Interesting how all of our negative experience was indicated by others. We

will enjoy ANY cruise, but given a choice will opt out of Dream family ships.

Not bad mouthing for those about to cruise on Dream/Magic/Breeze. Just

saying we experienced crowds everywhere, wobbly movement at all times,

noisy mid-ship empress balcony overlooking a deck rather than full ocean,

and thin walls between rooms. (on Dream about 4-5 years ago).

For us, smaller is better, as in Spirit class. But if you have kids that make

a lot of noise and want to meet a lot of new kids.....go Dream !

Meaning, we're kinda old to be objective.

That last line made me chuckle :) My kids say I'm old (39) and DH is 44. I don't mind being around children or even loud laughter. What I cannot stand is inconsideration and rudeness. Unfortunately there seems to be more and more parents who don't watch their children or teach them manners. My son was headed back to the room one night after dinner as he wasn't feeling well and it was a rocking night on the boat and some boys around 9 or 10 ish ran into him and literally knocked him off his balance and he fell down a couple stairs. They didn't even apologize, not to mention they are way to young to be moving around alone around the ship. This just one story of many really rude children I saw. My experience of a large ship like the Dream is they just have way TOO many rude people/kids.

I do like the Spirit class. Can't wait to try one with the 2.0 upgrades.

I cruised with you and my review and yours sound very similar...glad it wasn't just me feeling a certain way about things. Because of our cruise on the Dream we are probably going to take a cruise break and do something different our next vacation. I really just need to find something with less people. Enjoyed reading your review!

I wouldn't say all personally, we loved the Magic...the Dream was different.

We were on the Dream same time as the OP.

1) definitely agree with you here but found the adults to be most lacking manners.

2) no complaints on the food really, everything we had one was good

3) Sadly no shows for us this trip :(

4) We LOVED the steakhouse. Ate there night 2 (free wine) and loved it so much we booked it again last night on board. Excellent food and service both times, seriously some of the best food I have ever had.

5) no problems here, my husband had it but didn't use it much

6) We went three times and were able to walk right in. We did enjoy this more than on the Magic where you always had to line up about 20-30 minutes before a show. Loved the Comedy Club and the Comedians on board our week.

We were on it last week.

1) The packs of children are super annoying. Mine are 9, 7 and 5, and while I know we are conservative, I was amazed at the number of 9-11 year olds running around the ship (literally RUNNING) with no adult supervision. WTH. I don't even let my daughter wait at the bus stop by herself, let alone run around a ship full of drunk strangers.

2) The food was way better on our March 2016 trip than it was in April of 2014. Steaks were moist and juicy, food was the proper temperature. Obviously in the last 2 years there has been a change in management for the better. The hummus has vastly improved at Tandoor. Yum!!!

3) Entertainment was way way way better than 2014 in terms of talent. Singers were good, dancers were good, and the band was excellent. I'm a music teacher, and in 2014, we walked out of the shows most nights. It is much better now.

4) Steakhouse--I was underwhelmed with the steakhouse this trip. We've eaten there before and had the wow factor. It was OK, but not $70 plus a tip amazing. We won't do it again. There were several families in there with kids being kids, and I can have slow service with loud kids in the dining room for free.

5) Bottomless Bubbles--the bar tenders take FOREVER to get you sodas. I swear they wait on every alcohol customer first. From the time I would get to the bar to the time I would leave having signed my slip (which is stupid since I have the sticker on my card to make me have to sign a ticket) could be 15-20 minutes. My drink was always long gone before I got the ticket to sign it. In the dining room, I was lucky if I got two cups of Coke a night. The waiter came around at the beginning and never checks back unless you flag someone down. Very annoying. I for sure did not get my money's worth out of the Bubbles program.

6) Comedy Club--fantastic. Loved it. Wish it was bigger because some shows we couldn't get a seat when we showed up 10 minutes before showtime. I would love if they would host Punchliners in the main theater instead.

7) Room steward--only saw him 3 times the whole cruise. Never saw the paper picking what I wanted. Finally left him a note to get robes and more than 2 bath towels. They should at least leave 3 in there--a girl needs a hair towel and a body towel! Was not overly impressed--we've had some great ones before and this one didn't even come introduce himself at all on embarkation day. We didn't see him til the evening of the first sea day.

8) Sharks and Rays Snorkel/Caye Caulker excursion through Carnival in Belize--AMAZING. Caye Caulker was so cool! Will definitely do this one again.

I was on the same sailing as the OP....it was pretty bad. This was my 16th cruise and I have never experienced movement like we did on this ship. It was honestly the entire week. We were on 7 and you could hear the waves slamming the side of the ship each night. I was really surprised after sailing the Magic (twice) to experience this as on Magic there was so little movement you could almost forget you were at sea.

Thank you for the review- sorry you didn't love the Dream. I am surprised about the amount of ship's movement as we did not notice any when we sailed her- but I suppose that all depends on the seas.

I cruised with you and my review and yours sound very similar...glad it wasn't just me feeling a certain way about things. Because of our cruise on the Dream we are probably going to take a cruise break and do something different our next vacation. I really just need to find something with less people. Enjoyed reading your review!

Glad you enjoyed it. I just read yours and it does indeed sound like we had very similar experiences. I'm with you on less people on the next vaca.

Yep, I don't know why this one felt so different...I have clearly done this a few times and never felt so overwhelmed with people as I did on this trip. :o

A cruise is better then a day at work for sure, and it wasn't all bad...we did have fun. I came home sick and literally didn't start feeling better until 3/31. My $1100 cruise for 3 is going to get real expensive when my doc bills start rolling in :(

Glad you enjoyed it. I just read yours and it does indeed sound like we had very similar experiences. I'm with you on less people on the next vaca.

Yep, I don't know why this one felt so different...I have clearly done this a few times and never felt so overwhelmed with people as I did on this trip. :o

A cruise is better then a day at work for sure, and it wasn't all bad...we did have fun. I came home sick and literally didn't start feeling better until 3/31. My $1100 cruise for 3 is going to get real expensive when my doc bills start rolling in :(

Sorry you got sick and for so long. If it makes you feel any better you got a much better deal cost wise than I did :) I agree any cruise is better than work.

It was a great deal until I got home....I already have $2900 in doctor bills and one still hasn't come yet that involved a cat scan on my brain :eek: I don't blame the cruise of course because it could happen anywhere and on 15 before I came home fine. Just might not be going anywhere fun for a while.

Sorry you got sick and for so long. If it makes you feel any better you got a much better deal cost wise than I did :) I agree any cruise is better than work.