Sailaway Spot on Sapphire Princess

emmy

Will be sailing in 8 days on Sapphire and was wondering where a good spot for sailaway would be up on deck... last OCt on Caribbean Princess we stood at the bow of the ship on deck 15 Lido deck which was on top of the bridge... wondering if deck 14 Lido on Sapphire is accessible which looks like in the deck plans to be on top of the bridge.

Thanks in advance

Emmy

Emmy, we had our sailaway party on the Lido Deck way aft behind the Horizon Ct. There also is the Outrigger bar there. They have tables especially on the Port Side. It worked out very well. Have a great cruise on her.

Marilyn

That's where we stood for sailaway from Seattle last month, up on top of the bridge. Not sure if it's always open at sailaway, but it was when we were onboard, great view from up there because you can look both forward and aft.

Marilyn ~ thank you... we have a time set for our Cruise Critic friends meeting at the Outrigger Bar on Sunday.... love that spot just above the Terrace Pool..I will be sure to enjoy Sapphire:)

Beth ~ do you remember if it was deck 14.... on CB it is deck 15 and we stood there when we sailed into San Juan..great spot and thought it might be a good spot as we sail out of LA

Em

Em, I've been trying to remember if it's on Deck 14 or 15, but I just can't remember. I want to say it's Deck 14, and you go forward from that bar there by the pool and then there's a long walkway that leads to the area above the bridge, but maybe it was Deck 15...hopefully someone else can help you out with a better memory than me! :o

We recently went to the Skywalker's Night Club on aft end of the 18th deck. There are doors outside leading to a couple of balconies. They're not huge balconies, will hold maybe 15 people each. With this being the highest passenger deck on the ship the views are great. It's also a great place to find seating inside the windows for any sailaway accompanied by your favorite beverage.

Em, I've been trying to remember if it's on Deck 14 or 15, but I just can't remember. I want to say it's Deck 14, and you go forward from that bar there by the pool and then there's a long walkway that leads to the area above the bridge, but maybe it was Deck 15...hopefully someone else can help you out with a better memory than me! :o

I did have a look at the deck plans and it looks like it is Deck 14 Lido and you have to walk the hallway forward and then go through some doors if I remember correctly... on CB though it was deck 15... can anyone confirm if you can get to that area forward on deck 14 Sapphire Princess..

Em

We recently went to the Skywalker's Night Club on aft end of the 18th deck. There are doors outside leading to a couple of balconies. They're not huge balconies, will hold maybe 15 people each. With this being the highest passenger deck on the ship the views are great. It's also a great place to find seating inside the windows for any sailaway accompanied by your favorite beverage.

I just checked the deck plan for that...it looks awesome there and nice and high..do you think these are private areas or can anyone go out there?

Em

Whatever deck you decide on for sailaway, be sure to have a good view of the starboard landside... when the ship sails out of San Pedro, it passes the restaurants at Port of Call and sounds the horn. There is one restaurant that also sounds their horn back. All the people at the restaurants shout and wave. It's lots of fun.

Sandy

Sun Deck above the bridge...Deck 15. There were people there on sailaway last Saturday when we went. Hope it helps. Happy sailing!

Thank you.... it sounds like what I was thinking about....

Em

Archived