RC Visa Points and Pricing

Hi all,

We are booked on Anthem in June, and we used RC Visa points to reduce the total price of our cruise. On another site, I found a senior discount price listed which was lower than the original price that we paid (prior to applying the points). I called to inquire about the lower price, and the representative kept telling me that the price is now higher and we would be paying more if she applied the senior rate. Not sure if it's me that is confused or her. Any thoughts?

Hi all,

We are booked on Anthem in June, and we used RC Visa points to reduce the total price of our cruise. On another site, I found a senior discount price listed which was lower than the original price that we paid (prior to applying the points). I called to inquire about the lower price, and the representative kept telling me that the price is now higher and we would be paying more if she applied the senior rate. Not sure if it's me that is confused or her. Any thoughts?

It's complicated, but the current promo (which ends April 4th) is 30% off, and is not applicable to Senior rates. So in order to apply Senior rates, you would lose the 30% off fare. This is what I think the rep was trying to say. I don't think the Visa points credit is a factor.