Port Canaveral - flights

hlb76

It's been a long time since I have sailed from Port Canaveral.

When we did in the passed we fly in the night before and rented a car to make the drive and spent the night in Cocoa Beach.

We also rented a car for the return trip to the airport. This was a little more stressful as it took forever for a empty shuttle to pick up the rental but he had time to kill so it was fine in the end.

In Oct we are sailing from there again.:D We again plan to fly in prior to the cruise rent a car and stay on Cocoa beach. I'm not sure what to do on the return.

Here is a kicker.. we will be traveling as a big family this time. 7 of us ranging from 1 year to 41 years. I know it will be a little more hectic with the grandkids in tow.

What is a safe Flight time out? Is it best to rent a car again? Shuttle service? Carnival transfer?

SW has a flight out at 1245pm but I worry about missing it. I did look at Carnival transfers which is $36 a person and looks like the little guy is free? But the small print says for flights after 12:50 pm. (yes off by 5 mins, can you believe it) I just want our return to painless for us. I can imagine the crabby kids after waiting to debark, go through customs, etc.

Any help suggestion is greatly appreciated.

I think that flight time would be fine. Renting a van might be more cost effective. Consider leaving the group at the port and having your designated driver take the car rental shuttle to pick up the van then drive back and pick everyone up. This might be easier on the kids. Just a thought. Good luck and happy cruising!

There are 9 of us flying into Orlando and staying over night in Cocoa Beach. We used the service listed below 2 years ago and we are using them again next week. With 9 of us it is about $36.00 each round trip compared to Carnival's $35.00 each way. They will take us to the hotel (hotel has shuttle to ship) and them pick us up at ship and bring us back to airport.

Elegance Luxury Transportation

2209 VICTORIA FALLS DR orlando Orlando, FL 32824

US

Tel: (407) 442-2777 Fax: (321) 422-5095

Email: orlandoairportlimousine@gmail.com

I think that flight time would be fine. Renting a van might be more cost effective. Consider leaving the group at the port and having your designated driver take the car rental shuttle to pick up the van then drive back and pick everyone up. This might be easier on the kids. Just a thought. Good luck and happy cruising!

We had a 9:30 pm flight out of Orlando so we rented a car for the day and went to Sea World. Wait for rental shuttle plus drive to rental: 30 minutes. Processing at car rental counter with line of customers: 45 minutes. Point being that renting a van may be cost effective but they will certainly miss their flight.

BTW, we were very happy with Tropicana Transportation shuttle.

Edited by TC Cruiser

Cortrans Shuttle Service. $20/pp each way. I've used them twice now & they are fantastic. They offer a 10am shuttle which will get you to the airport in plenty of time for a 12:45 flight.

Another vote for Contrans! We used them on our last cruise and arrived early and they allowed us to get on an earlier shuttle.

Another vote for Contrans! We used them on our last cruise and arrived early and they allowed us to get on an earlier shuttle.

I agree on this service, picked us up at 8 am, at the airport by 9:15 and had plenty of time for our 11:30 flight, and security lines were the longest I have ever seen. We did self debarkment.