Rrcl airport shuttle experience from galveston

Have heard a lot about the chaos that can take place at Galveston, disembarkation, and was wondering if anyone used the RCCL Airport shuttle to IAH? I have a flight departing 12.50pm, and want to ensure the airport shuttle will drop me off in time for this flight. I understand that the airport shuttle service takes into account the flight details you provide, and hopefully gives you a disembarkation time that allows to get on the shuttle and at the airport in time. Can anyone share their experience please.

Thanks.

We used RCCL service from Galveston to Hobby a year ago. They wait until the bus is completely full before leaving. They checked off your name as you got on but I don't believe they were checking on flt times. This was a concern to some as it did take some time to fill the bus.

Hope this helps.

Donna

Missed our flight from Hobby to Dallas because they kept waiting to fill the bus with IAH passengers. It wasn't a huge deal since there are flights every hour, but it was stressful none the less.

Since your cruise line shuttles need to wait on all passengers needing that bus, we have stopped using them and go with either a taxi or private shuttle. I have read, Express shuttle has been used a lot for Galveston. If your leaving around noon from IAH I would look into a private shuttle. Also check under the Ports of Call Sections for Gulf Departures for Galveston . http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

Edited by Desert Cruizers

Have heard a lot about the chaos that can take place at Galveston, disembarkation, and was wondering if anyone used the RCCL Airport shuttle to IAH? I have a flight departing 12.50pm, and want to ensure the airport shuttle will drop me off in time for this flight. I understand that the airport shuttle service takes into account the flight details you provide, and hopefully gives you a disembarkation time that allows to get on the shuttle and at the airport in time. Can anyone share their experience please.

Thanks.

We've had good luck with Super Shuttle to HOU from Galveston.

RCL offered an excursion to Houston airport, stopping at Johnson Space Center for a tour on the way. Of course you needed an afternoon flight to do this, I forget the stated time (after 3pm ?).

Also see: http://www.galveston.com/airporttransfers/

When we did that excursion a few years ago, the earliest flight time was 5pm.

I don't think you would make your flight unless you do walk off and have a private transportation waiting for you. It takes sometime to get off the ship. Then about an hour to get to airport. Then most want you there 2 hours ahead of the flight. I like Galveston and hear others gripe about the port and how it is run, but have found it to be better than the 2 on the north east coast that we have been on.