FlowRider hours for Liberty Western

From 3-13-16 sailing

Boogie boarding- 52 inches tall

Stand up surfing- 58 inches

Lessons with a group of up to 8- $69/1 hour

Private rental of the FlowRider- $345/1 hour (we have seen up to 20 in a group)

Advanced Stand Up- ASU

Stand Up- SU

Boogie Boarding - BB

Day 1:

1-3 BB

4:30-6:30 BB

Day 2: At Sea

9-9:30 ASU

9:30-11 SU

11-3 BB

3-5 SU

Day 3: At Sea

same times as Day 2

Day 4: Roatan

9:30-10 SU

10-11- Teen Stand Up ages 12-17

3-4:30 BB

4:30-6 SU

Day 5: Belize

9:30-10:15 SU

10:15-11 BB

Day 6: Cozumel

3:30-5 BB

5:30-6 SU

Day 7: At Sea

same times as Day 2 and Day 3

How busy is the advanced stand up and stand up times?

On the first advanced session on day 2 last week there were FIFTEEN riders there at 9. The crew said it was the most advanced riders they had ever seen. I was getting about 4-5 rides per 2 hour session the first two sea days. Roatan morning my son and I had it to ourselves for most of the hour. Belize had about 5 in the morning and Cozumel about 10. Afternoon sessions on port days were just a bit less than sea days, but still very busy.

Thanks for the information. Any tips on how to ride? Never have done a flow rider. Grow up on east coast of Florida; I surfed and skated all my life. Now live in Kansas so I snowboard ever year. Miss the beach, maybe that's why I am looking forward to my cruise so much...lol.

Thank you for the intel - I'm cruising the Liberty in June (and again in October) and I expect that the hours will remain similar. Good to know I was right to grab the late seating at dinner - can't mess with my FlowRider stand up time!

Cheers,

From 3-13-16 sailing

Boogie boarding- 52 inches tall

Stand up surfing- 58 inches

Lessons with a group of up to 8- $69/1 hour

Private rental of the FlowRider- $345/1 hour (we have seen up to 20 in a group)

Advanced Stand Up- ASU

Stand Up- SU

Boogie Boarding - BB

Day 1:

1-3 BB

4:30-6:30 BB

Day 2: At Sea

9:30-11 SU

11-3 BB

3-5 SU

Day 3: At Sea

same times as Day 2

Day 4: Roatan

9:30-10 SU

10-11- Teen Stand Up ages 12-17

Day 5: Belize

Day 6: Cozumel

3:30-5 BB

5:30-6 SU

Day 7: At Sea

same times as Day 2 and Day 3

Thanks for the information. Any tips on how to ride? Never have done a flow rider. Grow up on east coast of Florida; I surfed and skated all my life. Now live in Kansas so I snowboard ever year. Miss the beach, maybe that's why I am looking forward to my cruise so much...lol.

There is a single flowrider in Kansas City now if you want to practice before you go onboard.

It is at the Bay Park water park, (baykc.com) Doesn't open until end of May.

It is a little challenging to master the flowrider and I've sworn to keep cruising until I do.

I wakeboard and skateboard a little and that helps, I don't snowboard but it will also make the techniques familiar to you.

I know from talking with other surfers that it's not very similar to ocean surfing as there the wave pushes you and with the flowrider the water is rushing at you at speed (and pressure).

However as you seem fit and willing I'm sure you'll get good at it and be obsessed like many others I wait in line with.

Have fun and good luck!

Steve

You could sign up for a lesson. They are offered at 6:30 and 7:30 pm on Days 1 and 2 (not sure if they are offered after that as I was looking at something at the beginning of the cruise). The lesson was worth it IMO.

The sports staff are really good about helping you and trying to teach you lesson or not. However, if there is a long line during the open session then the time you get is a bit less.

Boogie boarding wasn't really hard and you wouldn't need a lesson but stand up was more challenging.