Kids Activities Ages 10, 13 & 17

nikki&nick

Can anyone tell me what types of activities are available for kids ages 10, 13 & 17 on the Vista? Hubby and I have cruised several times but never with the boys. Are there teen activities or older child activities? Also - I know on the older ships there is no cost for the water slides - is there on this ship? How about for putt-putt? That funny air-bike thing, etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Can anyone tell me what types of activities are available for kids ages 10, 13 & 17 on the Vista? Hubby and I have cruised several times but never with the boys. Are there teen activities or older child activities? Also - I know on the older ships there is no cost for the water slides - is there on this ship? How about for putt-putt? That funny air-bike thing, etc?

I'm assuming the slides, sky ride and other activities are free. i thinkmthere is a sports area near the mini golf which will have other stuff for them also.

I know that there is a cost for the imax.

I think there will be plenty for kids to do.

There are clubs for each age group.

Your 10 year old will be in Camp Carnival in the oldest age group. They do scavenger hunts and activities outside of the actual "camp" area. You can allow them to sign themselves in and out if you prefer.

Your 13 year old will be in Circle C. There are still activities planned but it is more like a lounge-type atmosphere and casual drop-in. No need to check in and out.

Your 17 year old will be in oldest group (can't remember the name off the top of my head). Again, more of a hang-out area than anything else. They have video game tournaments, dances, etc.

The Vista should be great for kids. The 15-17 club is called Club O2. My kids love going to Circle C and Club O2. They always meet a lot of friends and stay in touch even after the cruise is over. Mostly they hang out but they do plan activities like scavenger hunts and t shirt making to get the to interact. They also do a great job in camp carnival for the under 11 kids. Planned activities most of the time.

The sports square includes a ropes course where you get harnessed in and walk along obstacles about 10-15' above the deck. My kids and I did it in the Breeze several times and loved it. The water works, slides, putt putt are always free and I believe sky ride will be free as well. I'm wondering what the sky ride wait will be like since it can only accommodate 2 riders at a time, whereas the ropes course can handle many.

As another said the imax and thrill theaters (4d) are extra charge. On the breeze you could pay per movie for the thrill theatre (maybe $4-5) or I think the pass for the whole week was around $12-15. I read that the imax will be slightly less than they are on land.

We are booked in Dec and my kids can't wait.