Cheers "Improvements"

deborahjo

I actually hope they raise the price of the Cheers Program. Carnival gives all these improvements to the alcoholic program and the price should be raised.

I know people will hate this but this program got a heck of a lot added to it and not one penny added. I think Carnival is just biding their time. A raise in cost will come.

I actually hope they raise the price of the Cheers Program. Carnival gives all these improvements to the alcoholic program and the price should be raised.

I know people will hate this but this program got a heck of a lot added to it and not one penny added. I think Carnival is just biding their time. A raise in cost will come.

One of the more odder requests coming from a customer.

How many shots are in a bottle of booze? And how much does that bottle cost?

Sorry, but it's overpriced and over regulated. It's probably great day one or day two, but falls off significantly after that. And that's where Carnival makes their money. And to force everyone in a cabin to buy it simply because they don't know how to avoid abuse? Outrageous.

Meanwhile, it's still the third least expensive way to get alcohol on board, a la carte being the only thing more expensive.

I don't think that Carnival added the extras out of the goodness of their hearts. They added them because prior to this, they had not found the right balance for their all inclusive drink package to sell them at the level they want.

They tried adjusting the price (less per day for longer cruises) and that didn't give them the desired result, so now they are trying to increase the inclusions to make it more enticing to consumers.

I'm sure there will be a price increase but not for at least 8 months. The same length of time before they increased the price of the case of water. The needed to give it 6 months to gain sufficient results, a month to analyse the results and a couple of weeks to determine changes/increases, and then a couple of weeks to implement (internal system changes).

They actually did raise the price. The price increased by $5 per day ($54.95 per day vs $49.95 per day before) if you buy on board, though for now they're giving a $5 per day discount for booking it ahead of time through their Bon Voyage department.

The improvements really are significant, especially the addition of coffees and milkshakes. :D

I suspect price increases will come as they bump drink prices. They increased the maximum eligible drink price for the Cheers program to $50, but on our cruise two weeks ago I found that the most expensive single-serving drink that can currently be ordered on the ships is still only ~$15 (the top-shelf margarita at Blue Iguana, though I forget what it's actually called).

Edited by gtalum

As my wise Pappy always said "be careful what you wish for"

One of the more odder requests coming from a customer.

How many shots are in a bottle of booze? And how much does that bottle cost?

Sorry, but it's overpriced and over regulated. It's probably great day one or day two, but falls off significantly after that. And that's where Carnival makes their money. And to force everyone in a cabin to buy it simply because they don't know how to avoid abuse? Outrageous.

Meanwhile, it's still the third least expensive way to get alcohol on board, a la carte being the only thing more expensive.

I was very tempted to purchase it for my recent cruise. Since I was the only adult in my room, I only had to worry about my money's worth.

I just couldn't figure out how to make the numbers work in my favor without being constantly buzzed or beyond in front of the kids.

As a result, I went the a la cart route and didn't spend nearly as much as they would have preferred.

just need to drop the 15 limit

Agreed! For "good will" - if no other reason.

NCL gets lots of good press with their "unlimited" terminology - especially when they offer it as a perk with bookings. ;)

I think Carnival's imposed limit comes with a feeling of "regulation" that few would go over anyway!

Edited by happy cruzin

Agreed! For "good will" - if no other reason.

NCL gets lots of good press with their "unlimited" terminology - especially when they offer it as a perk with bookings. ;)

I think Carnival's imposed limit comes with a feeling of "regulation" that few would go over anyway!

Based on the sheer number of posts just on these CC Carnival boards about alcohol smuggling and sharing of Cheers! and Bottomless Bubbles and other dishonesty / cheating going on, I'd say Carnival knows what they're doing on this one - they know their clientele.;) If there were no daily limit, many would buy Cheers! with every intention of sharing the drinks.

So many people have no scruples about cheating and breaking rules and stealing. For all those on here that admit it, there are even more that don't admit it but still do it, then there are all of those who aren't on CC and do it, too. They are like cockroaches: for every one you see, there are a hundred that you don't.

Carnival will not remove the limit if they know what's good for them. And Carnival doesn't seem to have much difficulty knowing what's good for Carnival.:cool:

Based on the sheer number of posts just on these CC Carnival boards about alcohol smuggling and sharing of Cheers! and Bottomless Bubbles and other dishonesty / cheating going on, I'd say Carnival knows what they're doing on this one - they know their clientele.;) If there were no daily limit, many would buy Cheers! with every intention of sharing the drinks.

So many people have no scruples about cheating and breaking rules and stealing. For all those on here that admit it, there are even more that don't admit it but still do it, then there are all of those who aren't on CC and do it, too. They are like cockroaches: for every one you see, there are a hundred that you don't.

Carnival will not remove the limit if they know what's good for them. And Carnival doesn't seem to have much difficulty knowing what's good for Carnival.:cool:

I'll agree with you as well as the previous poster who said the price of CHEEERS! should be increased and go further to affirm that the 2-to-a-cabin requirement should be maintained.

All the restrictions go hand-in-hand for very obvious reasons. At some point, one side will cave. Guess which one it will be?

Businesses will do whatever it takes to secure the profit margin they want no matter how disgruntled, agitated or cheesed off its customers are at how unreasonable they feel that profit margin is.

Edited by StolidCruiser

I think they added more to the package because people were using medical excuses to get out of buying it. This way, they have more non alcoholic options. I just wish they would add those options to the bottomless bubbles package

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

The bottom line is....Carnival has to compete with the competition. And the competition has been giving free drink packages at cruise prices similar to or lower than Carnival's prices.

Just look at Norwegian to understand. Their prices in the same market includes free alcoholic drinks.

It's a no-brainer to understand Carnival's Cheers program changes. It ain't rocket science people!

Sorry if I missed this, but I can't see a specific answer:

Are frozen alcoholic drinks included in the Cheers program?

Also drinks of the day?

Yes, but not if purchases in souvenir glasses.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Absolutely. And while they are at it, they should raise the price of cruises also.

I think I might try it again on my next cruise. The $49.95 pre cruise price is nice.

They talk about a $50 limit on the drink price. I wonder what drink costs $50?

Nothing even comes close to $50 right now. The most expensive single-serving drink that I found two weeks ago on Glory was the premium margarita at Blue Iguana, which was about $15.

There are some glasses of wine close to that too.

Nothing even comes close to $50 right now. The most expensive single-serving drink that I found two weeks ago on Glory was the premium margarita at Blue Iguana, which was about $15.

There are some glasses of wine close to that too.

Don't they have a high-end cognac that is more than $50 a glass? DH and I talked about the fact that he'd not be able to get it included in Cheers!, but would get the 25% discount on it. I can't remember which one - Hennessy XO, maybe?