Breakaway Haven Questions

tantine

We are booked in an Aft Penthouse Suite(Deck 12) on Breakaway in August. We've been on Breakaway before but never in a suite - so excited!!

A couple of questions:

1. The Haven Courtyard, lounge etc are all at the front of the ship and we are aft. If you have stayed in an aft cabin, did you still feel it was worth it - did you still enjoy all the Haven has to offer? Will our butler be around even though we are not 'in' the Haven?

2. We usually bring a case of water with us onboard. We now have UBP. Does this eliminate the need for water? Can our butler stock our room with bottled water - is this included in the UBP?

3. I have seen different answers to this question - wondering if someone knows for sure...If we wanted to order Cagneys and have dinner on our balcony, is that included as part of the SDP or do we have to pay the upcharge?

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

We are booked in an Aft Penthouse Suite(Deck 12) on Breakaway in August. We've been on Breakaway before but never in a suite - so excited!!

A couple of questions:

1. The Haven Courtyard, lounge etc are all at the front of the ship and we are aft. If you have stayed in an aft cabin, did you still feel it was worth it - did you still enjoy all the Haven has to offer? Will our butler be around even though we are not 'in' the Haven? It was a walk but your aft balcony makes it worth it. Our butler was very attentive

2. We usually bring a case of water with us onboard. We now have UBP. Does this eliminate the need for water? Can our butler stock our room with bottled water - is this included in the UBP? Water is not included in the UBP, you will receive 1 free bottle in your suite though

3. I have seen different answers to this question - wondering if someone knows for sure...If we wanted to order Cagneys and have dinner on our balcony, is that included as part of the SDP or do we have to pay the upcharge? The SDP does cover in suite dining.

Hope this helps :)

A couple of questions:

1. The Haven Courtyard, lounge etc are all at the front of the ship and we are aft. If you have stayed in an aft cabin, did you still feel it was worth it - did you still enjoy all the Haven has to offer? Will our butler be around even though we are not 'in' the Haven?

We were in the Owners Suite a few years back on the Gem. It was on deck 9 and not in the Haven, but our butler was still attentive.

2. We usually bring a case of water with us onboard. We now have UBP. Does this eliminate the need for water? Can our butler stock our room with bottled water - is this included in the UBP?

Bottled water is not included in the UBP or in that suite (except for embarkation day), you can still bring your case of water and/or ask your bulter to keep a pitcher of water in the fridge.

3. I have seen different answers to this question - wondering if someone knows for sure...If we wanted to order Cagneys and have dinner on our balcony, is that included as part of the SDP or do we have to pay the upcharge?You can use your SDP for Cagney's and could have it set up on the balcony.

Enjoy!

Edited by darrengs

Hi, we are also booked in an aft Haven cabin for Sept. The only down side I have heard of is the walk to the Haven, which I do not mind at all. My dh and I are always on the go so this will not be a problem. Plus, we need to burn off some of the thousands of calories we will be eating with the SDP.. :D :eek:

Hi, we are also booked in an aft Haven cabin for Sept. The only down side I have heard of is the walk to the Haven, which I do not mind at all. My dh and I are always on the go so this will not be a problem. Plus, we need to burn off some of the thousands of calories we will be eating with the SDP.. :D :eek:

Very good point - will need to burn off those calories!

Thanks for your responses!

We were in an aft suite on the Breakaway last Sept.

The walk up to the Haven was no big deal for us. Having the bigger room and the massive balcony more than offset the walk to the Haven. Our butler was around plenty and you get a cordless phone to carry around so you can call him anytime.

Water is not included in UBP so yes take your case on. Slap a tag on it and give it to the porter.

We did order an entree from LA Cucina one night for our son to eat in the suite. We did get charged for this. We were told charges would occur for room service from the specialty restaurants. I think other people on other ships have had different experiences. I'm sure you could order from the Haven restaurant or main dining room without a charge.

Have fun on your cruise!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

We had an aft balcony on the BA in December ... It was great !!!! After the first day ... The walk is not long at all ... End Of The Rainbow !!!! Super special - worth every step.

The suite is awesome !! Have a great time