Formal Night on Carib.Princess

JanC

I know this question has been beaten with a stick, but just one more, ok? My hubby does not enjoy dressing up for formal night even though it is only two nights out of his cruise. However, it is his vacation too, and if he doesn't want to dress up, that is ok also. Plus, less clothes to pack. Here is my question. In the dining room on the Carib. Princess, on formal night, would he be ok wearing a sport jacket and dockers, or is that too casual?? I know we can eat in our room, at the Horizon buffet etc, but for those people that have sailed the CP, what did you see in the dining room on formal night? Thanks!!

WooHoo, cruisin' again in May 2004!

There are many on the boards who would correctly argue that khaki's and a jacket isn't formal. I would submit that it is formal enough for the pax and crew most of the time.

I was on Diamond 9 days ago, wore my new Tux, was in the distict minority (but it made her happy) about 80% of men were in suits or sports coats/slacks, no one paid the slightest attention, some men were in just a nice collared shirt, again, the people on the ship didn't care, an attribute not always shared by those of us on the boards.

He will be FINE, enjoy and stop hitting this horse :0

One open Princess booking

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

On a somewhat related note, I noticed walking through the Horizon Court one night that a number of items on the buffet were off the dining room menu. Can you always get a subset of the regular menu in the Horizon Court?

Subset is a unigue way to put it, but yes, some adds, some deletions but similar.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by demisod:

On a somewhat related note, I noticed walking through the Horizon Court one night that a number of items on the buffet were off the dining room menu. Can you always get a subset of the regular menu in the Horizon Court?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

One open Princess booking

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>

Century 9/96

Giddy up!

All the best!

Jay & Karen Turner

Mount Hope, Ontario

Westerdam – 12/93

Statendam – 10/95

Zenith – 05/96

Westerdam – 05/97

Norway – 10/97

Westerdam – 10/98

Sun Princess – 10/99

Volendam – 10/00

Volendam – 10/01

Century – 10/02

Zuiderdam – 05/03

Caribbean Princess - 05/04

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> In the dining room on the Carib. Princess, on formal night, would he be ok wearing a sport jacket and dockers, or is that too casual?? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Given that Caribbean Princess is doing the 7-day milk runs, the guidelines may be a bit relaxed. On my recent Sun Princess cruise, the dress guidelines were more closely enforced and I have seen people turned away from the dining room in the recent past for not being dressed properly - thank God.

So, I always say you take your chances...

-------------------------

Sun Princess, 03/2004; Pacific Princess, 07/2003; Star Princess, 05/2003; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Grand Princess, 10/2002; Sun Princess, 05/2001; Sun Princess, 04/2001; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Sun Princess, 09/2000; Regal Princess, 10/1999; Sun Princess, 08/1998; Holiday, 05/1998; Westerdam, 09/1997; Regal Princess, 11/1996; Royal Odyssey, 09/1995; Starward, 11/1993

The horse is not dead yet!! I'll wear my tux, everybody else doesn't matter.

Roger - Caribbean Princess -May 15, 2004.

Marco Polo 1999

Sensation 2001

Galaxy 2002

Pride 2003

Hi,

Just off the CP. My DH doesn't like to dress up either. So, we skipped one formal(first) night and ate at the Caribe cafe(to the rear of the Horizon court) and feasted on Caribbean Rock lobster, King Crab Claws, Shrimp, scallops, and oysters.

It was dubbed a seafood feast.. Altho the staff were dress in tux's, the passengers were dressed very informal....Loved it!

RCL 7

HCL 1

NCL 1

Celebrity 1

Princess 4

shirley02.gif

Sailing again,

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ffd700&cdt=2005;2;14;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Archived