Can other family members go into the Family Harbour Lounge?

trixiegal

I had to switch dates for our upcoming Vista cruise so I lost my Havana aft balconies and we ended up booking on Deck 2 with side-by-side cove balconies and 1 Interior Family Harbour cabin (3 cabins for 5 ppl). My DS will be 17 and I'll probably have him stay in the Interior by himself and my sis + baby nephew will be next to my DD and I in a cove balcony up the hall. They're not one of the FH cove balconies. I was just happy to get them next to eachother.

Anyway, I can't find any info on whether there is an age restriction on the FH Lounge. Is my DS-17 aged out? And how will they designate who can go in and who can't? It would be nice if we could all pop in there based on my sister's interior cabin (booked under her name) but I guess I'll find out after the ship starts sailing what the protocol will be.

From what I understand, there is no age limit on the FH lounge. It's for families, so parents and kids can use it to relax, play, or eat. I assume there will be a wristband (or something similar) to gain access. While I understand your desire to all use it, I hope they only allow people actually booked in FH rooms to use the lounge or it will become overcrowded. A family booking multiple rooms can't put one person in a spa cabin and all access the reserved part of the spa or put one person in a Havana cabin and all have access to the Havana pool, so they shouldn't be able to with the Family Harbor area either.

Edited by geaux_aces

Very true. No biggie because my DS will be more interested in the teen activities in Club O2 anyway. I was thinking about it more like the example of people who have FTTF or that are Platinum status are allowed to use its privileges for everyone in their cabin or even in their party. There are many posts of people who bring guests to the Platinum cocktail parties that are not on the same status level because they are a relative or in a group of cruisers. Not quite the same as the spa pass, which has limited space and access for thermal rooms/thalassotherapy pool. The lounge will be an area to grab a drink or snack, etc. Not to hang out and take seats away from those with young kids- like my sister and her baby.

Anyway, I can't find any info on whether there is an age restriction on the FH Lounge. Is my DS-17 aged out? And how will they designate who can go in and who can't? It would be nice if we could all pop in there based on my sister's interior cabin (booked under her name) but I guess I'll find out after the ship starts sailing what the protocol will be.

I would be very surprised if this is allowed. I'd expect that space to be limited to only those staying in Family Harbour rooms. I'm sure you can imagine how this could easily get out of hand if anyone who knows someone in a FH room is allowed to use that space.

Similar to Havana area. I'd expect I can have guests to my room and my section of lanai, but I would not expect I could bring them to the pool area for the same reason.

Yes, that's a better example. But let's be honest, and play Devil's Advocate for a sec, how will they police people in the Havana area that will try to do this? Will requiring wristbands be a deterrent to those who don't have them?

I don't think its appropriate and I do feel that area really should only be for those reserved in the room. We are probably going to switch cabins when we get on the ship but my DS-17 just won't be able to go in the Family Lounge. My sis and my nephew will have access and she can grab whatever they need to bring back to the cove balcony cabin. I'm just curious as to how they will limit access because I'm more than positive we are not the only family split up like this on Deck 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When people who have paid for the amenities are unable to use them due unauthorized users, I would think a phone call to security would get it sorted out.

It probably won't be too long after that an update to the cruise contract comes out.

Of course some will abuse the system and likely get away with it initially. The Me Me Me family.

Yes, that's a better example. But let's be honest, and play Devil's Advocate for a sec, how will they police people in the Havana area that will try to do this? Will requiring wristbands be a deterrent to those who don't have them?

I'm actually wondering the same thing. But as much as I like Carnival, in true Carnival fashion, my guess would be it's not policed all that well.

My whole family is the Havana area so it really doesn't matter to me but if I had a choice, I'd rather it not be policed all that well. I guess I'm the opposite of the average CC poster. More often than not Carnival isn't very good at policing and we seem to get along just fine.

I reeeeealy don't want to wear a wrist band or anklet:rolleyes: but if I must I will. That or I might slip the policeman a $20.

I really hope they enforce the exclusive use of the lounge, as we booked the room there to have the possibility to have snacks very near to our room.

And we hope this lounge is not too crowded, as we have our whirlwind toddler with us

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1460091430.657612.jpg.069c3c8d637c12d9cf693d94699de047.jpg

Edited by Cashya

I'm probably wrong ( I have a FH cabin), but I thought I read somewhere is was open to all during the day and just closes off to FH at night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No, that is not correct. The FH area is restricted to FH guests only, 24/7. Carnival hasn't disclosed how access will be restricted/monitored, but I'm guessing it'll be a door at the front of the section with key card access. The FH Lounge appears to be too open to have key card access itself. I guess we'll find out definitively in just under a month. I'm curious to know as well, as I'm also staying in the FH.