Sunshine Sunrise Dining room upper level questions

momin05

Does anyone know if the Sunrise aft dining room upper level is accessible from Deck 4? Or do you have to enter the dining room on Deck 3 and take the steps inside the dining room to the upper level? That won't work for someone with mobility issues.

Also, it appears that both anytime and assigned dining take place in the Sunrise Dining room. Is the anytime dining on the lower level and the assigned dining on the upper level?

I believe ATD is on the lower level. We had to go to deck 5 to get the ticket

and then proceeded down to the dining room.

pat

Could you please tell me where on deck 5 we would go for ticket? Not familiar with needing a ticket for the Dining Room...is it something new? Would that be done every night?:confused:

Could you please tell me where on deck 5 we would go for ticket? Not familiar with needing a ticket for the Dining Room...is it something new? Would that be done every night?:confused:

There is a table set up across from the Taste Bar beside the Ocean Plaza. Very easy. Get your ticket and proceed to deck 3 to be seated or if there is a wait, you will be given a pager. While waiting, you can enjoy music in the Ocean Plaza or a drink from the Alchemy Bar. On days when the Taste Bar is opened, enjoy an appetizer from there.

We were on for 21 days in Nov and Dec and never had to wait for a table but of course each cruise is different depending on the guests each cruise.

BTW: Do not get upset if you are instructed to go to the Taste a Bar . We met some guests who were most upset and wanting to change their dining venue because they did want to sit at a bar for dtinner...lol. The Taste Bar was designated to tell them where to go to check in...lol.

Edited by mississauga

There is a table set up across from the Taste Bar beside the Ocean Plaza. Very easy. Get your ticket and proceed to deck 3 to be seated or if there is a wait, you will be given a pager. While waiting, you can enjoy music in the Ocean Plaza or a drink from the Alchemy Bar. On days when the Taste Bar is opened, enjoy an appetizer from there.

We were on for 21 days in Nov and Dec and never had to wait for a table but of course each cruise is different depending on the guests each cruise.

BTW: Do not get upset if you are instructed to go to the Taste a Bar . We met some guests who were most upset and wanting to change their dining venue because they did want to sit at a bar for dtinner...lol. The Taste Bar was designated to tell them where to go to check in...lol.

Thanks so much for clearing this up so quickly. That is funny about the taste bar.:)

I was on the Sunshine in October and assigned dining was deck 3. Anytime was deck 4. Has that changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe that the Maitre'd will adjust based on what the pre cruise requests are from cruise to cruise. Lately, YTD has been getting more and more popular so deck 3 which has more tables has been YTD. It also varies from ship to ship.

I was on the Sunshine in October and assigned dining was deck 3. Anytime was deck 4. Has that changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Sunshine last week and anytime was deck 3.

I believe that the Maitre'd will adjust based on what the pre cruise requests are from cruise to cruise. Lately, YTD has been getting more and more popular so deck 3 which has more tables has been YTD. It also varies from ship to ship.

This is interesting. I have read hundreds of people say they had to check in on 5 and then sent to 3 for ATD. So i assumed that was always ATD. I just wasn't sure how the dining room was split up and if there was access from Deck 4 for assigned dining.