No Show Question about Cheers!

I looked through a ton of threads regarding a guest being a no show and the Cheers program but I couldn't find the answer so I figured I would ask my own.

I booked an April 18th Liberty cruise out of Galveston for 3 of us and pre-purchased the Cheers! package for all 3. Now it seems one of the guests will not be able to go and we decided our best bet is to just have her as a no show.

My question is, will we get refunded the Cheers cost for the person that didn't show up? I know you get the port fees and prepaid gratuities refunded, but I didn't read anything regarding the amount of prepaid CHeers!

Thanks!

I looked through a ton of threads regarding a guest being a no show and the Cheers program but I couldn't find the answer so I figured I would ask my own.

I booked an April 18th Liberty cruise out of Galveston for 3 of us and pre-purchased the Cheers! package for all 3. Now it seems one of the guests will not be able to go and we decided our best bet is to just have her as a no show.

My question is, will we get refunded the Cheers cost for the person that didn't show up? I know you get the port fees and prepaid gratuities refunded, but I didn't read anything regarding the amount of prepaid CHeers!

Thanks!

I think it would be better to go ahead and cancel her now. There really is no upside to having her be a no show and it could cause refund issues and delays in you and the other person getting your Cheers sticker.

And yes, regardless you should get a refund on the Cheers program.

Edited by okgirl

Best bet would be to call Carnival and ask, if the answer is no then just cancel Cheers for all 3 of you and then buy it for 2 on board. Going to cost you $5 extra a day, but still cheaper than being on the hook for a 3rd Cheers.

Thanks!

I missed a cruise unexpectantly last year due to cancelled flights (was booked solo). While I didn't have Cheers pre-purchased, I did have other things I purchased in advance. About a week after the end of the missed cruise, the items I had pre-purchased online in Fun Shops were refunded back to the card I used to make the purchases. I did not have to ask for the refund. Carnival just took care of it after the cruise. You can always inquire at Guest Services after you are onboard just to be sure.

If all three of you were going to be in the same cabin, there should be no issue with cancelling the one person before the cruise. (The issue is cancelling one person when there were only two in a cabin and creating an issue with a single supplement).

I'm not sure of the best option for CHEERS. Since they say that it is non-refundable (meaning after you board and start using it), but you can get a refund before you board. You could get a refund for the three and then repurchase for the two on the ship, but they would be $5 more each. But that would be better than the $49.95 plus gratuity if they didn't refund for the 3rd person.

Whichever way it goes, be sure to report back to us so that we know.

If all three of you were going to be in the same cabin, there should be no issue with cancelling the one person before the cruise. (The issue is cancelling one person when there were only two in a cabin and creating an issue with a single supplement).

I'm not sure of the best option for CHEERS. Since they say that it is non-refundable (meaning after you board and start using it), but you can get a refund before you board. You could get a refund for the three and then repurchase for the two on the ship, but they would be $5 more each. But that would be better than the $49.95 plus gratuity if they didn't refund for the 3rd person.

Whichever way it goes, be sure to report back to us so that we know.

If I were to cancel the one person, that wouldn't mess with our price would it? She is listed as the second person on the booking. Would I just have to call carnival directly?

Our biggest issue is we don't want her cancellation to cause an increase in price for me or the other guest.

One reason some people do not cancel and just no show is when a cabin holds three and cannot be booked for two people. It used to never be a problem, but in the last few years cruise lines have been getting stricter about how many people are booked into a cabin. It should not cause any increase in fare for the two who are still booked. Tough decision, I would probably leave her as a no show and wait for the refund. You could always give Carnival a call and innocently ask the Cheers question if someone misses the ship, is the Cheers package refunded with the rest of the fees. Let us know what you decide.

I'm currently booked as a solo in a room for 3. Not sure, but maybe its no longer an issue for occupancy depending on how close to sail date you are? I moved from one 3 person room to another 3 person room so it was done multiple times.

I think it would be better to go ahead and cancel her now. There really is no upside to having her be a no show and it could cause refund issues and delays in you and the other person getting your Cheers sticker.

She's in full penalty, so cruise fare lost. We don't know how the fares were scheduled, so the last 2 might be penalized and fares increased for them.

She's in full penalty, so cruise fare lost. We don't know how the fares were scheduled, so the last 2 might be penalized and fares increased for them.

Yeah there isn't anything we could get back from it. And she was the second person in the room, so I don't know if it would be an issue or not.

Thanks!

Are all 3 people booked in the same cabin? If so, did you pay a reduced fare for the third person?

On other threads people have said they called carnival regarding cheers pre-purchase, as it says non refundable. They were advised as long as they cancel 24 hrs in advance of the cruise, its refundable, so not sure where the info is that says if you are a no show, you get your money back.

Yeah there isn't anything we could get back from it. And she was the second person in the room, so I don't know if it would be an issue or not.

Being listed as second person has nothing to do with it.

If you cancel a person, even if they were listed as second person, if you were eligible for any refund it would be the third person rate. Even if the were listed as second on the booking.

If person booked as number two cancels, person listed as number three now becomes number 2.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I just reread my post, could be confusing. I meant only if the 3rd person was cancelled (not necessarily 3rd on the list). Were all 3 the same rate or was #3 a lower rate? Either way, just have her be a no show, cancel just the drink package. If you don't cancel the drinks, how could they not give the money back if the person wasn't there?

I just reread my post, could be confusing. I meant only if the 3rd person was cancelled (not necessarily 3rd on the list). Were all 3 the same rate or was #3 a lower rate? Either way, just have her be a no show, cancel just the drink package. If you don't cancel the drinks, how could they not give the money back if the person wasn't there?

How do I cancel the drink package? would I have to call and do it?