Changing Cruise Dates

Pkrpec

My son found out he needs to take a summer class that is only offered during our cruise (of course!) We are booked with an Early Saver. If I change the date, do I only lose the $50 fee for each person? (And the difference in price if there is one)? I know I can call them to ask, but I am waiting until tomorrow, when he has his his summer schedule nailed down. I'm a little nervous right now, so I came her to ask. Hopefully you will all tell me this is doable. I also have insurance on the trip. Final payment date is May 2nd so we are before that if that matters. Thank you for any help!

they will take 50 dollars and the rest will be put into an account for a future cruise. that will be the only ding since you are before final payment date. my understanding is when you book the new cruise you will have to pay the new deposit in full and then they will add what you have in your account from this cancelled cruise.

You will lose $50 per person and any remaining deposit will be held for a future cruise. You cannot use it towards the deposit on the new cruise but have it applied towards final payment.

You will be essentially canceling this booking and making a new one so whatever pricing or promotions are on the new cruise is what you will book under.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Wow, reading this thread makes me appreciate what my PVP made happen for me even more than I did before.:o I had to change my sail date from a week in June to one in September, due to me not realizing when I first booked that the June saildate included the weekend of my DDs' dance recital (Doh!:eek:).

I called up my PVP and explained the situation and asked how much of a penalty it was going to be. He mentioned that it would normally be $50 per person, but he would speak to some higher-ups and see what could be done about waiving the fee. Sure enough, my wonderful PVP was able to work some magic and got the fee waived for me!:D But what I just realized was that he also must have made it possible that the original booking's $1000 deposit could be used as the new booking's deposit. It just all got moved over to the new saildate. I even kept the same booking number! I thought I appreciated it before:), but I really appreciate all that he smoothed out for me now!:D

It pays to have a good PVP.;)

Not trying to hijack your post. BUT...i just called about the possibility of changing dates and rebooking to a longer cruise that leaves a day later from a different port. I was told that my $600 deposit would be a total loss if I rebooked :(

Not trying to hijack your post. BUT...i just called about the possibility of changing dates and rebooking to a longer cruise that leaves a day later from a different port. I was told that my $600 deposit would be a total loss if I rebooked :(

How many people and how much was the deposit per person? Was it Early Saver? When is final payment due?

If you go to your booking on Carnival.com and click on how much would it cost me to cancel, that is the penalty.

If you cancel, with no rebook, you could loose the entire deposit if you booked in a non-refundable fare, otherwise, the remainder less $50 pp can go to another cruise within 24 months.

How many people and how much was the deposit per person? Was it Early Saver? When is final payment due?

4 people, 2 rooms and yes it was ES. Made final payment this past Tuesday. Just found out today my daughter has a possible school commitment.

You will lose $50 per person and any remaining deposit will be held for a future cruise. You cannot use it towards the deposit on the new cruise but have it applied towards final payment.

You actually can use it towards the deposit of another cruise if you book the new cruise at the same time as cancelling the original one.

And, sometimes they will waive the $50 penalty if you rebook right away. I had a cruise booked for this fall and ended up transferring the booking to a group cruise with a travel agent. It was a completely different cruise; different ship and a different date. They transferred all of my deposit to the new booking.

You actually can use it towards the deposit of another cruise if you book the new cruise at the same time as cancelling the original one.

And, sometimes they will waive the $50 penalty if you rebook right away. I had a cruise booked for this fall and ended up transferring the booking to a group cruise with a travel agent. It was a completely different cruise; different ship and a different date. They transferred all of my deposit to the new booking.

Maybe but that's not the norm or what the rules say. Happened to us and we lost the $50pp and could not apply it towards the deposit. But just like anything else with the cruise lines (not just Carnival). It could be luck of the draw of who you talk to or how the planets align at that particular moment.

I hear ya! Hey I might be available. When do we leave? [emoji3]

I mean that way she won't have to miss it! Just trying to help out :)

Haha! She would quit cheer before she would let us go without her 😛 I haven't told her that me & hubby are cruising without her in September, that will go over well. I'm letting my parents tell her on our way to Galveston :D

Haha! She would quit cheer before she would let us go without her [emoji14] I haven't told her that me & hubby are cruising without her in September, that will go over well. I'm letting my parents tell her on our way to Galveston :D

Well good luck with that! She might be a little mad when you get back but I'm sure she will live [emoji4]. My boys and hubby are like "Go. We're sick of cruising." So guess what? I leave them at home! [emoji39]

• 4 months later...

I switched today and my pvp charged me the 50pp. I think it's horrible that they do this especially if you are rebooking to another cruise before final payment. I won't book early saver anymore. I use to get great price drops but have not got any on this or my other cruise booked this year. I asked him could he escalate to try to get it waived but no go... Anyway he also told me if you have the insurance and cancel you will lose that as well... I didn't know this. I booked my insurance thru Nationwide.:(

I switched today and my pvp charged me the 50pp. I think it's horrible that they do this especially if you are rebooking to another cruise before final payment. I won't book early saver anymore. I use to get great price drops but have not got any on this or my other cruise booked this year. I asked him could he escalate to try to get it waived but no go... Anyway he also told me if you have the insurance and cancel you will lose that as well... I didn't know this. I booked my insurance thru Nationwide.:(

No you won't to the insurance part. I have done this before. If you booked through InsureMyTrip, call them. They will have you type out a letter and sign saying you waive all rights to make a claim against the previous cruise. Like I said, I have done it when we switched from our Splendor cruise to the Glory.

As far as the $50, I'm sorry but I can't feel sorry for you there. That's the risk you take booking ES. We also had to eat $100 on that same cruise. But I can tell you that I have saved MANY times that in all the price drops I have gotten. But, hey, it's not for everyone. Live and learn.

I booked ES for a trip in Dec. due to all the delays Dream is having I decided to cancel it and sail it after it comes out of drydock, well before final payment but we booked another on a different ship. I lost $50 pp even though I'm now booked into a higher priced cruise with 4 people instead of 3. That's the way it works, you know it when you book and you know it when you cancel, if you don't then you should.

For the new trip I didn't book ES because we are in a 4 person balcony on Lido and they always sell out so fast there is no reason for ES, chances are there wont' be any empty rooms later to price match. The 3 person ones stay available long enough to make ES a good gamble, unless you cancel :)

I didn't even try to plead my case, I simply cancelled my cruise online, I don't expect them to make an exception for me.

Edited by poobears

No you won't to the insurance part. I have done this before. If you booked through InsureMyTrip, call them. They will have you type out a letter and sign saying you waive all rights to make a claim against the previous cruise. Like I said, I have done it when we switched from our Splendor cruise to the Glory.

As far as the $50, I'm sorry but I can't feel sorry for you there. That's the risk you take booking ES. We also had to eat $100 on that same cruise. But I can tell you that I have saved MANY times that in all the price drops I have gotten. But, hey, it's not for everyone. Live and learn.

I meant the carnival Insurance. I don't need you to feel sorry for me;) I get the rules but it still sucks...I have always done early saver and in the past we did get quite a few price drops... Not this year tho.

I meant the carnival Insurance. I don't need you to feel sorry for me;) I get the rules but it still sucks...I have always done early saver and in the past we did get quite a few price drops... Not this year tho.

Ugh. That stinks on the insurance. Add that to the already long list of why I don't buy Carnival Insurance. I thought you said it was through Nationwide.