Save the Dates/Invites

When did you guys send out your save the dates and invites to give everyone plenty of time to book? I'm trying to figure out a good timeline for that... one that will also accomodate those that aren't cruising and just attending the wedding...

is a "reminder of the date" card type thing rude for those who are not cruising?

Ill share what Im 99% sure we are doing. Havent ordered them yet... Im leaving all the info on our website, hoping people that are interested actually go to it and just enough to make them go look. Weve talked to a lot of people through word of mouth so I think they will. I already have 5 cabins booked two years out before the save the dates have even been sent!! Whoo hoo!

1460370903154.jpg.1fb6ec34c50e84f1219d9f34bba351b0.jpg

Edited by StingRaysfan

Is anyone willing to share a picture of the things you included on your save the date invitations/announcements.

Here's a copy of our invites! I may have the save the dates somewhere, we sent the save the dates about a year in advance and then our invites about 4 or 5 months out ..wedding is in April I think rsvps had to be in end of february :)

invites.jpg.5641f4e9c8a2a492d8980b4956687011.jpg

Beautiful!!! I love the passport invites and wanted to do that! Unfortunately my FH is very set on message in a bottle invites. Thanks for the timeline... Im gonna do STDs a lil further out and invites about the same time...4-5 months

Edited by StingRaysfan

Both of these look great and very unique..debating on doing any invitations and/or STD at all. We will have very few people going, my family is just going to the ceremony and reception and then getting off, we have another set of friends that is doing the same d/t the fact that she will have a young baby. We have another set of friends and their family that will be cruising with us, just not sure if worth the effort and cost but kind of want to do just to do it.... IDK..:rolleyes:

Both of these look great and very unique..debating on doing any invitations and/or STD at all. We will have very few people going, my family is just going to the ceremony and reception and then getting off, we have another set of friends that is doing the same d/t the fact that she will have a young baby. We have another set of friends and their family that will be cruising with us, just not sure if worth the effort and cost but kind of want to do just to do it.... IDK..:rolleyes:

You could do something very simple, just for the formality of it. My invites and save the dates were $20 from vista print

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This seems strange but for my first wedding to my ex we didnt do them, or anything slightly traditional for that matter. Picking stuff out now has been so fun! If its small only buy a few and keep one for yourself to remember the day :)