BA in Nassau

argetni

Just wondering what time we can expect to have boots on the ground in Nassau?

We are planning on spending the Day at the Melia resort and wonder what time we should leave there to get back to the ship in time?

We plan to take cabs both ways.

Thanks in advance!

How about a few details. Your post doesn't make sense.

I wanted to know what time the BA usually gets to Nassau + when we actually will be off the ship and what time we should leave the Melia resort not to miss the ship for those familiar with the area.

We are departing this Sunday 4/10/16 on the BA from NYC to PC, GSC, and Nassau.

Sorry if it was not clear.

What time does your itinerary say? As far as your excursion, you should plan to get back to the ship one hour before your itinerary says they'll depart. If you are not booking through the ship and you are not back on time, they sail away without you.

What time does your itinerary say? As far as your excursion, you should plan to get back to the ship one hour before your itinerary says they'll depart. If you are not booking through the ship and you are not back on time, they sail away without you.

It claims 8AM to 6PM but I have never cruised with NCL before, in fact I have not cruised at all since 1989. I wasn't sure if they tend to be right on time or not.

When they say arrival at 8AM does that mean we can get off the ship at 8am or will it be more like 8:45-9?

Thanks for the info on when to get back. I will plan to be in a cab by 4:15pm just to be safe.

Arrival at 8 doesn't mean get off then. I think they have some kind of check with authorities before they open the flood gates to let people off. If you are using a taxi, at least you are not locked in on time if there is any delay. Fair warning, you will be bombarded with vendors begging you to take their excursions, so be specific in your mind that you want a taxi.

We did this last week. The BA has missed Grand Stirrup Cay the past three weeks. Good luck. We docked in Nassau earlier as the previous poster said. We left the ship at 10:00 and walked a few blocks to get the #10 bus to the Melia. It takes a little longer than a cab but is $1.25 per person. We stayed until 4:15 and took the bus back to the ship. We got on at 5:15 and all aboard was 5:30. Ship sailed at 6:00. Melia was a perfect beach day. We snorkel and my kids loved the pools.