Has anyone sailed on the Galaxy lately?

homeclair

Hi,

I have been told in the past not to worry about some of the awful comments written about the Galaxy in recent reviews. However this is a big trip for my husband and I. I am hoping the softgoods (towels, curtains, linen, etc) will be in good repair on the sailing (11/24 panama). There was not much said about the staff, so I am certain the they are doing wonderfully (as usual).

Anyone out there that can elevate my fears?

Thank you,

We were on the Galaxy in June. We found the soft goods, as you call them, to be clean and in good repair - especially the sheets and towels. You have nothing to worry about there. The bedspreads, curtains, carpeting, and upholstery did show some signs of minor, normal wear here and there; everything was clean, but these items are not pristine and brand new. Whether or not that's a problem depends on your expectations. It sure didn't bother us.

Have a terrific time on the Galaxy.

We did an 11 day Med cruise on Galaxy last month. We found nothing at all to complain about in regard to the condition of the ship. The food was very good and the service was excellent. You should have a great time.

We just returned from the 09/26 Eastern Med on Galaxy. Our first Celebrity cruise after 2 with NCL. An excellent ship and outstanding customer service. We had early dining and with the Europe time changes, glad we did. I wrote a review last week and it will be posted soon under member reviews. Look for it. We had a balcony 9129, port side. Really enjoyed it. Sure there are minor signs of wear, but unless you go and look for them, you won't notice. The closet space was fantastic and the shower larger than we expected. If you can swing a skysuite try for it, the 1200's.

Our assistant waiter Huzani was amazing. This ball of energy, often will greet you on deck 11 as most people use the breakfast buffet. He will be on your sailing. He told me his contract is up in Jan.

Those people with the negative comments should stick to decaf !

To whet your appetite, go to http://www.cruisecal.com Here you can view Galaxy webcams to see where your ship is each day and all ships that sail. I think Galaxy is sailing from Rome tomorrow to Galveston, then there for the winter.

Al

We were on the Galaxy for the 10/7 Western Med cruise, which was our first on Celebrity. The ship, we thought, was very nice. As others have said, there were a few minor things that are worn, but we enjoyed every minute onboard.

Our cabin steward Eugenio and waiters Dhakal & Constantin were fabulous.

Michelle

We just returned from the 9/26 Eastern Med cruise on the Galaxy. After reading some of the negative comments on this web site we were not sure what to expect. We were very pleasantly surprised at how nice the ship was. We had an inside cabin which we found to be just fine space wise. Plenty of closet space, both hanging and drawers. More space in the vanity area and behind the mirror. More space in the side tables. Could not fill up the storage with our clothes. Even had room to put an extra suitcase in the closet. Bathrooms were ample size. There was a wall mounted hairdryer in the bathroom, but I would suggest bringing your own. It did not have much power. No outlet in the bathroom for a hairdryer or curling iron but we had brought a power strip and used it at the vanity. Shower was very large and had great water pressure and plenty of hot water. Bathroom, too, had plenty of areas to put out toiletries. There was a dispenser pump for hand lotion and a dispenser in the shower for shampoo/shower gel. Bathroom and the rest of the cabin was kept spotless by our steward, Ramon. Towels were good size and not thin and flimsy. We found no stains, etc. on any of the chairs or bedspread. The cabin was comfortable for our entire stay. We could not find anything to complain about!

We also found the rest of the ship to be very nice. I think they shampooed the carpet every day! Always saw someone cleaning something on the ship. Probably the worst area, and it has been mentioned many times on these boards, is the windows in the Stratosphere Lounge. Looks like condensation has gotten in quite a few of them. We found the public areas to be in very good condition.

The entire staff on the ship were extremely friendly and helpful. Our waitress in the Orion Restaurant was Shiela and our Assistant Waiter was Novi. Both of them were the absolute best. They were exceptional in their both their service and their attitude. It made dinner a real pleasure.

We would sail on the Galaxy again with no hesitation.

We just returned from the 10/7 sailing also. You will not be disappointed in Galaxy. She is well maintained. The crew is fantastic. If you go be sure to say that Patty and Ed say hello to Shawn, the CD. He is so nice and his staff will keep you entertained. Go to the games/trivia, taboo, outburst, etc. They have new prizes that are quite nice. We won, playing cards, pillows and luggage tags. Did not win the time they were giving away very nice canvas bags, but there is always another day (tee-hee). Also, if you like martinis, Roger (waiter) and Ronnie (pianist) are super. Happy sailing.

Archived