When is final payment really due

jandb6266

I think it's in the wording. The poster who made the comment that they view someone in this circumstance as being "a paycheck or two from homeless" maybe shouldn't have made a blanket statement. Now I haven't gone back to double check, I am only going off memory and my impression. I read it as ALL people in this circumstance is living paycheck to paycheck and on the brink of being homeless. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong! [emoji1] But if not then that can definitely be taken as a rude or nasty comment. When making such a negative comment (opinion or not) it is probably in everyone's best interest to say something like "some people may be" rather than clumping all people who ask for an extension in this "homeless" category.

But this is just my opinion. Yes, some people are overly sensitive. Is it overly sensitive to think being categorized as homeless, when the poster knows nothing of their circumstances, is nasty?? I don't know. I think it may be reasonable.

It's all in the perception! [emoji1]

I agree, that is just what poster said. But to that poster's credit, according to many sources, way too many families are only about 2 pay checks from a financial crisis. So the poster's statement, while perhaps "stark" to some, may be truer than some here realize.

I agree, that is just what poster said. But to that poster's credit, according to many sources, way too many families are only about 2 pay checks from a financial crisis. So the poster's statement, while perhaps "stark" to some, may be truer than some here realize.

i agree. according to a recent news report i heard on tv, 76 percent of all americans live paycheck to paycheck and you know some of them cruise. i know many of my friends think i'm rich because i cruise but that just isn't a requirement. maybe many people here believe you must be rich to cruise as well but again, it's not a requirement.

Edited by Computer Nerd

Just as an additional note

Our friends and us are booked for a cruise in which final payment was due today. We had only done a deposit initially because the full price was incorrect and we were waiting for an adjustment. (We just booked a week ago)

We had paid but our friends hadn't and we received a call from a carnival rep reminding us that they hadn't paid. got it taken care of of over the website easily but I wouldn't want to wait until the last day either. However Carnival has always been so flexible in the past in my experience, I'm sure they'd make it happen for us if there were some technical difficulties for some reason in getting it paid in full.