GOLDEN PRINCESS INFO REQUESTED!!

soccerstar1288

Good Evening! I have been asking around about many ships in the Princess Fleet. I want to know about the Golden Princess to the Southern Caribbean. If you have sailed on this ship alot and you have good information about this ship, please share it with me. I need to book a cruise soon, and I just wanna know what the ship is like. You can e-mail me at the following address: [email]SOCCERSTAR1288@AOL.COM[/email]. Thank you so much! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

Oh boy! you need to talk to Chris. He just sailed the Golden and you wouldn't believe the info he has!!!!! [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] He should see this soon [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Sue
7 days on Star Princess 10/24

We just sailed on the Golden on 4/10/04 Eastern Caribbean. The Golden Princess is a beautiful ship, well maintained, and immaculate. Our cabin was a balcony cabin, Category BC. Although small, it was quite comfortable, and the balcony added to our space. If you can spend the extra $$ on a balcony, go for it. On sea days it is a great place to sit and just listen to the ocean below. The service we received was excellent. We travelled with our four teenage sons and they were treated equally as well.
We had a wonderful cruise, I only wish there were more seven day cruises with three full sea days.
The food was good, and the staff did a good job of precautions against the virus which plagues cruise ships. The coke sticker was a good deal, and despite what you read in other reviews, the waiters and bartenders were more than happy to dispense a coke to any of us upon our request.
I think you'll enjoy a cruise on the Golden, and I can't wait until it's my turn again.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I didn't want to take his thunder!! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Zeus... I mean Chris,

I didn't mean to steal your thunder. You have such a great site that I just wanted to share it with Soccerstar1288!

I wrote a review of the Golden Princess in February (see link below).

[url="http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=069097554&m=8623012377"]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/2/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=927093444&f=069097554&m=8623012377[/url]

Carnival Destiny 1/30/00
Carnival Spirit 2/7/02
Golden Princess 2/7/04
Carnival Victory 6/17/04

Hi,

We were on the Golden last summer in the Med and really enjoyed the ship and the cruise. The ship was absolutely sold out, over 2800 passengers on board, but it really only felt extremely crowded one day, the day we left Barcelona and everyone was trying to catch a late lunch in the Horizon Court, the buffet dining alternative, or at one of the outdoor eating sites. I swear 2400 or the 2800 were up on that deck. But other than that the ship never seemed crowded and was very easy to get get around. It seemed like we would meet people and then we would run into them again several times during the cruise which doesn't always happen when you are on a cruise.

We normally do late dinner but we ended up with PC (personal choice) dining. As it turned out we actually enjoyed that option and would do it again on another cruise when it offered. We found out that you could go between 7:15 and 7:45 and not have to wait to be seated. We had a choice to sit with others or to sit by ourselves. Some nights it was nice for just the two of us to eat together while on others we ate with others. You do lose some of the companionship that builds up when you eat at a table with 6 or 8 other people but you can duplicate that by reserving a table for 4, 6 or 8 and all agreeing to eat at a certain time each night if you want. By the way the food on the ship was excellent in our opinion as was the service. I would rate the quality and quanity of the food as good as any cruise line we have been on (HAL, Celebrity, RCCL and Costa).

We had a standard outside cabin and because of the arrangement of the cabin it seemed bigger than it actually was. The open closet arrangement that Princess uses on it's Grand class of ship was actually the best closet arrangement I have seen on a cruise ship. It allowed easy access to your clothes while not blocking your partner from getting ready in the bathroom. The bathroom was small and the shower even smaller but everything worked as it should. The beds were comfortable. The only suggestion I would have to Princess would be get rid of the small round extra table in the room that just seemed to take up space. Our room steward kept the room immaculate and seemed to always be available if we needed him.

As I mentioned above the ship was very easy to get around on and has lots and lots of things to do. We were on a pretty port intensive cruise but we did manage 3 days at sea and we were never at a lose for things to do.

The crew was friendly and helpful. We actually got to talk with the Captain at the captain's reception which was a first for us. I mean actually carry on a conversation not just be introduced. He had done his introduction talk and was just wandering around talking with people and he stopped and talked with us for a few minutes. He asked where we lived and when we told him, Kissimmee, Fl, he said he had been there several times with his family.

All in all I think you have picked a great ship to go on and I hope you enjoy your cruise on it as much as we did ours.

Have a great next cruise.

HAL Noordam 3/97 West Carib
Hal Westerdam 12/97 East Carib
HAL Veendam 11/98 East Carib
Hal Zaandam 12/00 South Carib
HAL Veendam 10/01 Panama Canal
RCCL Enchantment 09/02 W.Carib
Costa Atlantica 12/02 E.Carib
HAL Noordam 03/03 S.Carib
Golden Princess 07/03 Med
Celebrity Zenith 12/03 W.Carib
HAL Maasdam 05/04 Canada