An open letter to joggers on the Star

Coolwhip82

As someone who takes early morning walks on deck, I often see joggers jogging on the closed track. Worse, they use the chain that hangs across the track with a sign on it that says the track is closed as a hurdle. I am sure that just adds an extra special BOOM BOOM to the person in the cabin below.

It's a rule, people. Not a suggestion. Sorry you don't like it. The track is closed before 8:00am.

To all the posters who are trying to shame the OP for booking a room under a track, one could make the exact same argument for you: if running was so important, why did you book a cruise on a ship where the track hours didn't start until 8:00am.

There are two sides to the this story:

One side: a person who follows the rules and is upset with fellow cruisers who don't follow the rules.

The other side: people who are so defensive about their own breaking of the rules that they blame the OP for not raising her child correctly, bringing her child along, having the audacity to book a cabin that IF THE RULES WERE FOLLOWED would have met her needs exactly.

Note to new parents and soon to be parents.

DO NOT TRY TO SHELTER YOUR BABY FROM NOISE.

Vacuum, do the dishes, do the laundry etc. while your baby is sleeping, they will adjust and adapt to sleeping in a noisier surrounding.

If you try to create a silent environment every time the baby naps, you will be starting a precedent that will be hard to maintain when out of the home and will drive you crazy.

Or maybe you just had good sleepers. After 9+ months of 4 15 minute naps per day and getting up every 2-3 hours at night, you can bet your sweet bippy my house was silent on the rare occasions my kids would sleep. It was not like that at the beginning, as I had every intention of making sure my kids would be good sleepers and even tried different techniques with 1, 2, and 3. But real life happened and babies topple plans and good intentions. Don't be so sure it's 100% due to your choices/techniques.

Or maybe you just had good sleepers. After 9+ months of 4 15 minute naps per day and getting up every 2-3 hours at night, you can bet your sweet bippy my house was silent on the rare occasions my kids would sleep. It was not like that at the beginning, as I had every intention of making sure my kids would be good sleepers and even tried different techniques with 1, 2, and 3. But real life happened and babies topple plans and good intentions. Don't be so sure it's 100% due to your choices/techniques.

Word. ;)

I just wanted to nap when my oldest finally went down. Even if for a mere 20 minutes. No way was I going to vacuum.

There is bit of difference between having a child on a cruise than bringing a baby on a cruise, a few years if not more. I'm sure that "baby" really enjoyed their cruise! Let face it, the cruise was only for the enjoyment of the parents.