Gili Islands from Lombok

Has anyone ever done a trip to the Gili Islands from Lombok? I'm struggling to find any info on whether you can charter a speedboat from Lembar to one of the Gilis and if so the costs, time taken and if you can find someone on arrival.I don't want to pre book as getting off in Lombok can take ages. Any info anyone has would be fantastic.

We were on the Carnival Spirit last year visiting Lombok.

We planned on going to one of the Gilis for a look but from a time point of view it would not have been possible.

We were off the ship by 9 and found a nice young driver to take us to Senggigi beach and return for $60.

However a routine traffic stop meant a wait of over an hour for the officers to process there paper work which meant we didn't get there to after 11.

As we had to be back at the ship by 4.30 we did not want to risk it.

We did have a lovely day a nice meal and drinks at several restaurants.

There was a really interesting shop there called the Lombok Gallery which was fixed price with prices less then half what we had paid in Bali the day before without having to barter. Our paintings were all careful rolled up and our packaged all securely wrapped.

We ended the day by having massages and pedicures at a Thai massage place I think it was $15 each.

Our driver was there to take us back to the ship at 3 and the return journey only took about 30 mins.

We were on the Carnival Spirit too on the repo to Sydney....I booked a tour to Gilli Nandoo thru Tripadviser to 3 islands.

Had a great day....Guide picked us up from cruise port in private car for us three only and took us 30 mins to outrigger...Cost was around $60 p/p for everything....includes snorkeling equipment.

Some photos

85e0997de46cf4e5d5ea7ab485ab5c93.jpg

0bc5f8868222f5caac1e4f7b40fe60d0.jpg

c11207069658269acde6730f5ba8628a.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am not sure if you are still looking for a way to get to the Gillis but we managed to do it last year. We went once to the "real Gillis" and another time to the one that the photos have been posted of. It is a little hard to work it all out, but I know a driver over there that can make it all possible, we went to the main one via a fast boat and had time to catch "the local" boat back, which was an experience in itself, :)

If you would like to know further details contact me and I will give you the full details. And anyone else that might be looking for a day out in Lombok I can put them in contact with the driver also. He knows the Island really well and gives you a different perspective of Lombok, we ended up loving the place.:)

We went last year to Gillis Islands from Lombok on Saphire Princess and took their tour. Expensive but very worthwhile. We were there in January and after several stops on Lombok we finally reached a beach area after at least 2 hrs, where we were taken in local boats across to the main Island which was gorgeous. Sea Crossing was quite scary as very strong winds that day and not the best safety equipment on board.Brilliant beach hotel provided lunch and enjoyed walking the small streets with all the horse and carts in amongst bars, eateries, hotels and shops .Enjoy it .We would love to go back.