Snorkel question

laura1960

We will be sailing on the Victory and stopping at Cozumel, in addition to Grand Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

We've been to Cozumel before (Chankanaab) and had a blast, but based on the reports on this board, want to try Paradise Beach. It sounds, truly, like Paradise! (And we can't wait to meet Paradise Tom).:)

Two questions - does the snorkeling at the end of the pier provide enough of snorkeling experience, i.e., number of colorful fish? Obviously, we'd see more fish at Chankanaab because of the reef, but there are only two of us really interested in snorkeling - DD, 12, and myself. The rest of the party (DSs, 7 and 5, and DH prefer splashing around in the water and lying in the sun sipping margaritas (DH, not the boys!) DH might spend a few minutes snorkeling, but that's it. So it looks like Paradise Beach has it all.

Another question - is there a snorkel place that rents prescription goggles/masks? DH and I are blind as bats. I wear contacts but DH doesn't.

Laura

I bought a prescription mask for about $100. I went to a dive shop with my prescription for my glasses and picked out a mask and they put in stock lenses in about 5 minutes. I used the mask last week when we were in Cozumel and loved it. I had never snorkeled before and now I can't wait until my next trip back to Cozumel.

We will be sailing on the Victory and stopping at Cozumel, in addition to Grand Cayman Islands and Ocho Rios, Jamaica.

We've been to Cozumel before (Chankanaab) and had a blast, but based on the reports on this board, want to try Paradise Beach. It sounds, truly, like Paradise! (And we can't wait to meet Paradise Tom).:)

Two questions - does the snorkeling at the end of the pier provide enough of snorkeling experience, i.e., number of colorful fish? Obviously, we'd see more fish at Chankanaab because of the reef, but there are only two of us really interested in snorkeling - DD, 12, and myself. The rest of the party (DSs, 7 and 5, and DH prefer splashing around in the water and lying in the sun sipping margaritas (DH, not the boys!) DH might spend a few minutes snorkeling, but that's it. So it looks like Paradise Beach has it all.

Another question - is there a snorkel place that rents prescription goggles/masks? DH and I are blind as bats. I wear contacts but DH doesn't.

Laura

One snorkel client of ours two years ago got an Rx Mask from Studio Blue dive shop on A.R.Salas between 5AV and 10AV downtown. They were really appreciative of this because one of them was unable to see five feet without it.

Archived