Best Cabins

Mitzi_Muffin

Hi

Cabins 6143 and 6144, plus any aft cabin on decks 7 & 8. The aft on deck 9 are ok also but that would be my last choice. If you want a really nice cabin, not CC, I would try and get one of the aft corner FV cabins on decks 7 or 8. Once again deck 9 would be my last choice, but I would not turn them down either.

I got this a while ago & saved it. We booked 9201 CC, which is an AFT cabin with a huge verandah. Also, try doing a search on this forum for "AFT". That should also help with finding posts, along with some members' pictures of their cabins & balconies..

I wanted to also mention that you will find great people & information on this board that will make your cruise a wonderful experience!.. Nancy

Cabins on the M-Class ships with enlarged balconies are:

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144,7203,7212,7208,7206

I got this a while ago & saved it. We booked 9201 CC, which is an AFT cabin with a huge verandah. Also, try doing a search on this forum for "AFT". That should also help with finding posts, along with some members' pictures of their cabins & balconies..

Yup, see signature line below for pics of both styles (FV and CC).

Bill: We've done deck 9 twice (one FV, one CC) and didn't find the end-of-the-evening shuffling of the chairs at around 11:30pm to be that big a deal, and that was the only time we really noted it. I wouldn't hesitate to take another Deck 9.

Hi I have a question for you since you actually had a FV on deck 9. We have one booked on the Constellation. Why do you think there are so many negative posts. We have always traveled in aft cabins on RCCL ships and never had any problems. How noisy are the chairs? All the negative posts are getting me a little nervous we selected the wrong cabin. Thanks for your help.

We also have traveled in an aft corner FV, 9156, just this last April on Summit. We heard the scraping of chairs from about 6:30 AM on (the cabin sits directly below one of the most popular tables in the outdoor grill above), but it was not enough to really bother us, more of a kind of backround noise. You heard it but it was no big deal. If given the chance to take that cabin again, and I could not get one on deck 7 or 8, I would not hesitate in taking it. The only difference with the one on nine is perhaps a slightly smaller balconey than the ones on decks 7 or 8. Also, it has a solid steel wall all the way around it's balconey where the ones on 7 and 8 have a small plexiglass window in their aft wall where the cabin dividers meet. The ones on deck 7 have a larger plexiglass window than the ones on deck 8. We just stayed in a corner FV on deck 8 (8181)on Constellation this September and it's balconey was slightly larger, also it had more privacy than the one on deck 9. We a staying in a corner FV on deck 7 in April, so we will have been in one on all three decks. The only real negative we experienced was our last trip in September. We had a cigar smoker next to us and the hallway from the outside cabin door in the hallway to the inside cabin door always smelled of cigar smoke. We had to have the cabin steward spray air refreshener in there on several occassions in attempts to get rid of the smell, nothing really helped.

that is heaven on Connie or any M Class! close to 200 sq ft stateroom & 200 sq ft balcony, 7th deck is a touch bigger.

Hi I hope to book a cruise for a special occasion in 2007 can anyone recommend the best conceirge cabin to book which has a good sized balcony on the Constellation. Thanks

til I am there on Summit doing Transcanal - 14 months to wait for this & now a month to go!

I wanted to also mention that you will find great people & information on this board that will make your cruise a wonderful experience!.. Nancy

Cabins on the M-Class ships with enlarged balconies are:

2A-8161,8146,9173,9138

2B-7049,7080,7163,7166,7171,7173,7175,7177,7174,7176, 7178,7180

2C- 6016,6018,6020,6021,6022,6023,6024,6025,6026,6027, 6029,6030,6031,6033,6035,6053,6048

CC-9043,9038,9201,9164,9162,9160

CC-8045,8046,8185,8176,8172,8170

CC-6135,6136,6143,6144,7203,7212,7208,7206

Hi I have a question for you since you actually had a FV on deck 9. We have one booked on the Constellation. Why do you think there are so many negative posts. We have always traveled in aft cabins on RCCL ships and never had any problems. How noisy are the chairs? All the negative posts are getting me a little nervous we selected the wrong cabin. Thanks for your help.
Beats me. I find that a lot of folks have just been perpetuating something they've heard from someone else. There are, afterall, just a very few cabins there. Not that many can have had the opportunity to try them!

As I say, we've done both and not been unhappy about the noise on either occasion (most recently, FV 9199 in December). At about 11:30, after they shut down the guitar player for the evening (nice to listen to from 9, I could even make requests for specific songs!), they do put the chairs back where they belong, and you might notice something at that time. But if unless you're a light sleeper and already out for the night, you'll likely never notice it.

.The only difference with the one on nine is perhaps a slightly smaller balconey than the ones on decks 7 or 8. Also, it has a solid steel wall all the way around it's balconey where the ones on 7 and 8 have a small plexiglass window in their aft wall where the cabin dividers meet. .
?? My recollection was that all of the corners (decks 7~9) had the wrap so that there wasn't any plex facing aft at all. Time to dig out the pictures again.

Then again, if someone likes the view straight out unimpeded, get the FV just inside of the corner instead. Those look just like the aft CC views.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I feel a little better now. Even though we are traveling with our kids we all stay out late and are deep sleepers. I have to beg my children to come in the room at night. I did already book 8166 for next year. So I will have a comparison. The thought of all that space with 4 of us in a room sounds like heaven. Are the coplaints jealousy? Thanks again.

There is definitely a small plexiglass window in the wall on the corner FVs on decks 7 and 8, I just came off the Constellation, cabin 8181, and it along with all the corner FVs on decks 7 and 8 had them.
Rechecked the pics, and I think I see what you're talking about. It looks like there's about 1' of glass that overlaps from the inside FV railing area into the area of the outside FV. Didn't remember that. When on the lounger up by the cabin, I guess the better view was always out the side through the bars since the "bathtub" tapers down so much as it heads towards the front.

Whatever, I'll be happy with either one whenever they'll let us have one for just 2!

Thank you everyone for your replies. I feel a little better now. Even though we are traveling with our kids we all stay out late and are deep sleepers. I have to beg my children to come in the room at night. I did already book 8166 for next year. So I will have a comparison. The thought of all that space with 4 of us in a room sounds like heaven. Are the coplaints jealousy? Thanks again.
No question about the space -- you will have more room both inside and out than you'd get in one of the ship's Sky Suites. With all that extra space out back, the overall feel is of a cabin much larger than the already decent 270+ sq ft.

Thanks for the great post. On diagrams it does not look like these cabins (6016-6046) have bigger balconies. How do you know that they do. 6053 and 6048 look as if they do, as do 7014-7048.

Please elaborate. Thanks,

Judy

Thanks for the great post. On diagrams it does not look like these cabins (6016-6046) have bigger balconies. How do you know that they do. 6053 and 6048 look as if they do, as do 7014-7048.

Please elaborate. Thanks,

Judy

While the deck plans are generally accurate in many respects, they're not perfect. The combined gazillion weeks of direct experience of all of your fellow cruisers here (along with some external photos of the ships to confirm) have produced the list you saw. BTW, I don't think 6046 is on the list.

I wish I would have read this thread before I booked my Holiday cruise on Tuesday evening. There were AFT cabins available on decks 7, 8 and 9 and I chose 9, thinking it would be a better verandah. I was just surprised that the cruise had so many open AFT cabins for a cruise less than 70 days away.

Thanks for all of the great information.

I wish I would have read this thread before I booked my Holiday cruise on Tuesday evening. There were AFT cabins available on decks 7, 8 and 9 and I chose 9, thinking it would be a better verandah. I was just surprised that the cruise had so many open AFT cabins for a cruise less than 70 days away.

Thanks for all of the great information.

Availability of those cabins is often a matter of where you try to book your cruise. It's typically a bit harder to get them when trying to book direct with Celebrity or with TA's who pull only from current Celebrity inventory. Any chance you booked with a TA from AR? Afts are frequently found there.

Archived