PC Dining Reservations on Diamond

gaschatt

I have read many opinions/advice on PC dining. I'd like to take full advantage of the flexibility, but also am getting the impression that I should make reservations the first day on the Diamond. I'm planning on reviewing the port schedule and my excursion plans and taking a 'best guess' at when we (myself and my 9 year old son) will want to eat each night. On 'at sea' days I figure we will want to eat earlier (6PM), and on days we will be on shore till late afternoon I will book later reservations(7:30PM).I'm hoping this approach works best for my son rather than traditional dining that might force us to eat to early (5:45 1st seating?) or too late (8PM second seating?)on any given night. Does anyone have any better advice to leverage the PC experience?

You need to make reservations for PC dining. On the 4/24 cruise, there were a couple of nights the restaurants of our choice were booked up. No problem, we arrived early for the first seating and got a table. I suspect that they hold a number of tables open. After all, that is the purpose of PC dining.

I also would suggest you think ahead and make rezzies upon getting aboard. You can nearly always get a table at ONE of the venues but if you have a time and place you wish, it is best to make plans. We ate early, late and in the middle (no not on the same night, ok a couple of times) and there was definetly a time when it was harder to get in. Also service suffers if the staff has no time to prepare a proper filling in of the waitstaffs areas.

To my knowledge you can not go to traditional if PC and frankly Iwouldn't want to, the other venues all have something to offer and the most inattentive service we got all week was in the intn'l dining room.

<FONT color=red>Alaska</FONT>

Diamond Princess 05/04 ~~ Mercury 06/02

Rhapsody o.t. Seas 05/98 ~~ Legend o.t. Seas 09/95

<FONT color=red>Mexican Riviera</FONT>

Diamond Princess 12/04

Diamond Princess 11/04 ~~ Diamond Princess 04/04

Sea Princess 01/02 ~~ Vision o.t. Seas 04/02<FONT color=red>

West Coast-Baja Mexico</FONT>

Ecstacy 09/01

<FONT color=red>Eastern Carribean</FONT>

Century 12/97

<FONT color=red>Western Carribean</FONT>