Golden Princess Dolphin Deck

SATJS

My wife and I are doing our 1st cruise in March on the Golden Princess. We just recieved our cabin which is D419. We were upgraded from the mini suite on the Emerald deck to this cabin, my only concern is it is right next to the Panoramic Lifts. Is this going to be a very noisy location?

I don't think you'll have any problem near the elevators on a deck that's exclusively cabins. We sailed recently on a similar ship (Diamond Princess) and really enjoyed it. A possible downside to your cabin, as with any on this class of boat, is that the Dolphin deck has exposed sundecks off your cabin - on the Diamond they are completely exposed. We were above on the Lido deck and had a full view of all the activities on Dolphin sundecks - as did others above the Dolphin deck. They're great if you want full sun exposure ... but if you're tanning topless ... well, you can take it from there :)

I'm booked on the Golden in April 2006 with one of my friends, Diane. We were originally booked in one of the Mini-Suites on the Dolphin Deck. We chose to move from a Cat AC down to a Cat AD on the Emerald(reverse of yours).

When we found out that the Dolphin balconies are fully exposed, we did not like it and chose the Emerald Deck as they are covered. I cannot be out in the sun much due to some of the meds that I take.

So, it all depends on whether you want sun all the time or not. There is no difference in the size of the cabins or balconies with the mini-suites......Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Archived