Fun Shops cake order

beachbum53

How far in advance of a cruise should you place an order for a cake? We'll be celebrating our daughter's birthday while on our cruise, and I want to order a cake. Is one week ahead too late? Thirty days ahead too soon? What's been your experience?

How far in advance of a cruise should you place an order for a cake? We'll be celebrating our daughter's birthday while on our cruise, and I want to order a cake. Is one week ahead too late? Thirty days ahead too soon? What's been your experience?

You can order it at anytime until 1 or 2 days before cruise. Not sure when the Funshop cut off time is. You can also order it through the candy shop on the ship. The chocolate one is delicious.

You can order it at anytime until 1 or 2 days before cruise. Not sure when the Funshop cut off time is. You can also order it through the candy shop on the ship. The chocolate one is delicious.

Our daughter is a chocaholic, so we're planning to order the chocolate cake. Also, I've read several comments on how good the chocolate cake is. I know the cake (and other items) can be ordered through the candy shop, but I've read a few comments saying that the order wasn't delivered when it was supposed to be. Human error, I suppose. But I'd rather not wait until the last minute to place the order. I'd prefer to have it done ahead of time. I'm guessing two or three weeks ahead should be about right.

I ordered the Anniversary one for our cabin months ahead, it was delivered exactly when requested. We had the small one for 2 people and it lasted us a couple of days-great buy IMO.

Our daughter is a chocaholic, so we're planning to order the chocolate cake. Also, I've read several comments on how good the chocolate cake is. I know the cake (and other items) can be ordered through the candy shop, but I've read a few comments saying that the order wasn't delivered when it was supposed to be. Human error, I suppose. But I'd rather not wait until the last minute to place the order. I'd prefer to have it done ahead of time. I'm guessing two or three weeks ahead should be about right.

I have ordered it two times and no problems with it delivered on time. Make sure to store it in the mini fridge if there is any left. It has a chocolate mousse filling that will sour if left out too long.

I ordered a celebration cake for my wife. We had the chocolate, and it was really good. There were 6 of us in our party, so we took the medium cake to dinner, it easily served everyone, plus we still had some to take back to the room.

I think you can order up to 2 days ahead, just like anything else from the fun shops.

I ordered the chocolate cake on my last cruise for the MDR on the last night (to celebrate a birthday). In hindsight I should have ordered it earlier. It was very good and of course we had no way to package it to take with us. We did have some for breakfast the next day.

I've ordered two cakes (served on different days) on four of my cruises as we celebrate both of my boys birthday's on board. I can say the chocolate is fantastic, the vanilla is ok. I've always ordered a few months ahead. It's always been delivered just as ordered.

I ordered the chocolate cake on my last cruise for the MDR on the last night (to celebrate a birthday). In hindsight I should have ordered it earlier. It was very good and of course we had no way to package it to take with us. We did have some for breakfast the next day.

Mmmmm. Chocolate cake and Fruit Loops for breakfast. Where else but on a cruise? :D

I've ordered a few times & each time it was on board at Cherry On Top. We had them delivered to us at dinner in MDR & the waiters sing Happy Birthday. They make it nice! The cake is just OK.

Has anyone ordered the 9" cake? I know carnival website says its for 10 people but do you think there is enough for 13? Do you cut the cake yourself in the dining room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I've ordered a few times & each time it was on board at Cherry On Top. We had them delivered to us at dinner in MDR & the waiters sing Happy Birthday. They make it nice! The cake is just OK.

So, if I understand this correctly, I can go to Cherry On Top when it opens on Embarkation Day, place my order, and have it delivered after dinner the following evening. If so, then I don't have to order it ahead of time through the Fun Shops on line. Is that correct?

Hi,

After I booked our girls only cruise in January, I saw a special on Carnival that included room decorations and a cake for a reasonable cost . Darn, can't remember the cost right this moment. Our 4 day cruise isn't till the end of Octber 2016.

I have ordered the chocolate cake in the past and yes it as delicious!

I'm heading over to Carnival, curious if they still have the pkg deal...

:). Bobbi

Has anyone ordered the 9" cake? I know carnival website says its for 10 people but do you think there is enough for 13? Do you cut the cake yourself in the dining room?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I should be enough. I ordered a chocolate and a vanilla (both 9") on one of our cruises and shared it with people. Cut the pieces a bit smaller and there will be plenty. Your waiter will cut it for you if you request it. Nice tip and a beautiful smile go a long way.

I should be enough. I ordered a chocolate and a vanilla (both 9") on one of our cruises and shared it with people. Cut the pieces a bit smaller and there will be plenty. Your waiter will cut it for you if you request it. Nice tip and a beautiful smile go a long way.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app