It's Getting Close!

bonvoyagebites

We have the trip booked and it's getting so close! 03JUN Sailing out of Barcelona. We decided to go in a few days early and bounce over to Lisbon for a few days and take in some of the sights. Then, we will head back to Barcelona where we will explore a bit before the journey.

We will post on our blog, as well as here as the journey progresses.

http://www.everywhereandback.com/new-carnival-vista/

Anything that we should do in Lisbon or Barcelona, outside of the obvious touristy things?

Lisbon is a beautiful city. It's hilly, so if you are not up for a lot of walking I would either go with a HOHO bus to see the major sites. We grabbed a tuk tuk and guide to go to the Alfama quarter. If you like castles go south toward Sintra (You can easily find someone who will take you on a day tour from Lisbon to Sintra. I personally loved the tile museum (Lisbon is renowned for its tile facades on buildings). It was fascinating. Be sure to try a Pastry de Belem.

Thanks for the input. I am totally looking forward to trying the food and wine there. We knew we wanted to go to Europe a few days early, and then we decided to go outside of Barcelona someplace while there... somehow we landed on Lisbon, which I think will be good times.

Cheers!

Just get lost in Alfama in Lisbon. Especially in the evening you will find little places with fado, amazing food and wine. No tour necessary. I recommend also taking a train that runs up the coast and connect Lisbon with small beach towns. Especially Cascais is very charming.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My wife and I will be there with y'all on the June 3rd cruise. Had this booked over a year ago, finally getting close. Ready to have a great time. We are flying in a day early, want to catch some sights in Barcelona.