Anyone just off the Splendor

csunshine860

Thinking of cruising this ship early December but am a little concerned with the reviews I have read. So any input re the ship in general, dining, decor, upkeep etc, and what 2.0 is offered.....a good friend will join me but has never been on CCL so any useful info would be greatly appreciate. She thinks Carnival is a party ship. Not sure I could handle the pink.....lol

Thanks

Christine

Thinking of cruising this ship early December but am a little concerned with the reviews I have read. So any input re the ship in general, dining, decor, upkeep etc, and what 2.0 is offered.....a good friend will join me but has never been on CCL so any useful info would be greatly appreciate. She thinks Carnival is a party ship. Not sure I could handle the pink.....lol

Thanks

Christine

Just got back on the 4/10 no 2.0 upgrades decor was nice ya there was pink no big deal.. dinning we had your time dinning wasnt bad had to wait 2 nights the ship was in great shape go on it and enjoy dont try to pick things apart is my advise .

While I have never been on the Splendor, nor do I have plans to, I would not pay attention too much to the reviews on here.

Keep in mind, more people tend to post BAD things, vs the good things.

Also, CC members make up a TINY fraction of the cruising public.:D

Go try it out for yourself and let us know what you think.

Hi, everyone...........

Does anyone know with certainty if Splendor has the HUB app post dry-dock? If not, if there a scheduled date for implementation?

Sailing June 4, and hoping she might have it by then.

Thanks in advance

Merci Beaucoup

Also just back on 4/10. Didn't appear to have any updates since being in dry dock. There is lots of pink. The Lido tables and chairs look worn. The itinerary has all of our favorite ports and the price was right, so that's why we chose the Splendor. On the negative side, the Magic goes to Roatan the same day and because they leave later, we had to wait an hour for them to dock before we could. I hated losing an hour at my favorite port, plus the Magic got >2 hrs more in port. Also felt that the tendering process for Belize and Grand Cayman was very unorganized. I've always booked guaranteed inside and had great luck. Not so this time. We ended up in cabin 1459 right over the engines. 2 sleepless nights on the way to Roatan and Grand Cayman as the room shook all night long. On the positive side, the staff was great and any day on a cruise is a good day.

Hi, everyone...........

Does anyone know with certainty if Splendor has the HUB app post dry-dock? If not, if there a scheduled date for implementation?

Sailing June 4, and hoping she might have it by then.

Thanks in advance

Merci Beaucoup

Was on the March 20th sailing, no HUB App. They did not list any schedule for it, just said "Coming Soon" (which it did for all the ships that didn't have it yet).

Thanks

Christine

We love the Splendor we have been on her 5x and why would you worry about decor?