Wheel Chair Assistance at Charleston , Carnival Sunshine

David148

Hi everyone!

I need some insight on this topic. I have cruised out of Charleston a few times and I know it's different than other ports as far as dropping luggage off, driving to parking garage and then taking a shuttle to the ship. With all of this how does Carnival offer wheel chair assistance? I am taking mother who has trouble walking and with steps. I contacted specialneedsatsea.com and they can have a wheelchair in the cabin waiting for her. But as far as boarding and debarkation how will this work at this particular port? Her cabin will have FTF if that makes any difference.

Thanks,

David

• 2 weeks later...

There will be a Carnival employee inside the port building. Just tell them your mother needs wheelchair assistance and they will have someone to take her in a wheelchair on the ship. The last night of the cruise we got a letter in our cabin, telling us where we needed to go for wheelchair assistance to get off the ship. They took my husband through customs and then took him to shuttle. I was really freaking out about it before our cruise, but it was really very simple. There was no way he could have made it without their help. Hope this helps! Have a great cruise!