Open letter to the offended

jennew

I posted this away from the original thread in case the offended parties did not go back to read.

I posted this morning, poking fun at various controversy's this board sees. It was a very sarcastic post, but I thought it would strike a smile or two, especially when you recognize YOURSELF in it.

I came back later to find that my post on "controversy" has managed to generate just that. Apparantly I have offended some people, and I came accross as being neing "cranky" and in need of a "chill pill".

I also read that the number of posts I have written somehow weight my opinions- very interesting.

I sincerely apologize and ask for forgiveness. I have been on only one cruise and this is only my 46th post. Therefore, I am unworthy of a valid point of view. (note sarcasm)

To correct the mess I made I submit the following, more palatable post:

Go to formal night or dont', wear whatever you like.

The coffee is tasty to some, drink loads of it.

Everything ought to be free, not just ice cream, but salon treatments, massages, and excursions.

Tipping- why bother? They get a salary, right? Maybe keep a few quarters in case the mood strikes you after Room service drags 2 huge trays of food to your room because you did not want to go to Formal night.

The ports: They ought to have a vote and only stop where everyone wants to stop. If YOU don't like it there, then why should you have to go?

Now I certainly hope you caught the sarcasm in that post- is it clearer than the last one?

and for Pete's sake- LAUGH A LITTLE, we are talking about our VACATIONS- RIGHT???

I thought this was funny, there are always people who complain no matter what the situation. Don't forget to let babies with swim diapers in the ADULT pool, and no one should have to attend the muster drill unless they have too.

3/9/05 Eastern Caribbean

Sun Princess

Okay JENNEW.....sorry for being so tough on you. ;-(

I realize sometimes when we are typing things out we can hear the tone and inflections we use in our heads (like we are speaking it out loud), and we intend it one way and others read it another.

I think that's happened to me many a time too.

;-)

MTS

just thought I would add:

the questions on bringing children are understandable. However, I have 5 children and 3 would love a cruise- 2 would HATE it. I am simply suggesting that you know your child better than anyone else.

ROFL! Oh wait, you were being serious... icon_smile.gif

Completed:

Sea Princess, Royal Princess, Grand Princess (3X), Caribbean Princess, Golden Princess

Coming up:

Tahitian Princess Oct 14/04

Caribbean Princess redux 6/25/05

jennew - i don't think you need to apologize at all!! i thought the point of your original post was pretty obvious - just a light-hearted way to point out the little things that so many people (myself included) stress over.

Voyager of the Seas - 05/04

Tahitian Princess - 10/03 (Our Honeymoon)

Carnival Paradise - 08/02

I missed the first post, but I agree with the above replys! Don't sweat the small stuff! and you are right, all should be free. icon_wink.gif

Jeanne-Marie

Caribbean Princess 10/16/2004

Triumph 4/26/2003

Triumph 4/13/2002

Sensation 96-01

Destiny 97

Costa Victoria 99

Horizon 95

Noordam 89

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

islesun_e0.gif

Let's also not forget to shove one another to get to the front of the buffet line...I mean, it's YOUR vacation...you should be able to eat first, right? And what's the big deal about wearing a thong bikini into the dining room? It's my vacation, right? I should wear (or this case, NOT) wear whatever I want, right?

I thought your post was funny...people truly do need to lighten up!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2005;2;4;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

until we sail!!!

NCL Spirit - February 2005

Grand Princess - May 2003

NCL Sun - May 2002

NCL Sea - May 2000

Archived