motels that do 1/2 day stays for late flights

Hawaiibound1/21

There are not any hotels that do day rooms on a consistent basis. The Best Western Plaza Hotel by the airport does do day rooms on occasion when capacity permits but others have reported being told no availability when they called. http://www.bestwesternhonolulu.com/

Also, the Honolulu Airport Hotel as well - with the same problems. http://www.honoluluairporthotel.com/

Also, most day rooms usually check out in the late afternoon so this may not help either. You may even want to consider just booking a regular room in a hotel and just check out before your flight.

Spleen

We are usuing the bestwestern Plaza at the airport. Day room was $69 from 8 am-6 pm . I called them and luckily they had availability on the day i needed it. 1 800-800-4683 They also have a free shuttle that will take you to the airport when you are ready to go

• 3 months later...

I booked a late night return flight (9:00pm) for our Oct.5-15, 2006 POAl cruise and now after contacting the Bestwestern and the Honolulu Airport Hotel neither of them now offer day use rooms. Any suggestions on what to do?? I was thinking of booking a room at the Ohana Maile Skye Court for $69 and just checking out early. The $69 room at the Ohana is non-refundable. Or should we just rent a car for the day??

You'd be more comfortable in a room than a car though. And you won't have to worry (as much) about your luggage if it's in a hotel room rather than a trunk. The problem of course is that if you book a standard hotel room, you won't know if they'll let you check in early or not.

Spleen

Spleen,

Any suggestions for a cheap good hotel that we could use for a nap, shower and stow our luggage?? Maybe near Waikiki. Should I try priceline? And if I do try priceline, when is good time to start bidding?? Our cruise isn't until Oct.

I have never used priceline before, but I am willing to give a try.

$69/night is hard to beat. If you want to take a shot at Priceline, I HIGHLY recommend checking out BiddingforTravel and do a LOT of reading - very useful information on how to bid for hotels on Priceline. It'll also give you an idea of what hotel you're likely to get and what kind of prices you should bid.

http://p070.ezboard.com/fpricelineandexpediabiddinghawaii

I also STRONGLY recommend that you don't post there if you can avoid it. A lot of useful information there but the moderators can be a little ... intimidating at times.

Spleen

Archived