Amerisuites 17th St-Have you been there recently?

legalslave

We stayed here on the 8th for boarding on the 9th. The hotel itself is fine, the morning breakfast was fine. Our ship was delayed for boarding. the shuttle driver took us to board the water taxi and then picked us up around 5, got our luggage at the hotel and then he took us to the ship where we boarded in 15 minutes. Overall for the price we would stay here again

Stayed there 9/23. It was very good for the price we paid. No problem with the shuttle from airport. Breakfast was good, but crowded. Publix (grocery store) very close. Outback steakhouse right in the parking lot. Room was just fine for a one night pre-cruise stay. Any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks eschief and Vikki. I saw some negative posts, one mentioned roaches in the room and a couple mentioned the hotel halls and rooms had a musty smell. Did either of you experience this? We will be there 2 nights precruise and picked it for the location. No good deals the weekend we are going at any hotel in the airport, beach or downtown areas. How was the hotel breakfast? Did you wait very long for them to pick you up at the airport?

Diane

I did not see any roaches or any other bugs for that matter. The rooms did smell a bit musty but I attributed that to the humidity all around, if you turn up the air the smell goes away as the air dries out. Again, I think it was a good price and the amenities were good, transportation, breakfast, location to name a few.

A word about "roaches" and FL... They love it here!... You have to be very careful with any and all food. You have to rinse soda cans, etc. If you don't they'll come out of nowhere and find openings you can't even see to get in. Many tourists don't realize how easy it is to attract them.

Oh, I do remember. Years ago I lived in Daytona Beach & Orlando. Was hoping that by now they stopped multiplying. Thanks Trent for the reminder! Will have to remember to keep the toothbrush in the plastic case. I'll have the Lysol and hopefully it will help cover up the smell.

Diane

No unfortunately... They seem to love it down here.

The musty smell is common in hotels in the summer. The humidity is through the roof and they don't keep them very well ventilated or keep the A/C up when they're not occupied, but it normally goes away fairly quickly.

I was in AmeriSuites last spring and didn't notice it then, and they were replacing carpeting and seemed to be sprucing the place up. It's not a 4 or 5-star hotel by any means, but it's fine for a night. The location is great, and (through Valuetrips or one of the discount sites) it's usually the least expensive place along the SE 17th Street area.

I saw no bugs. Musty smell seemed more like humidity. As soon as we turned on the air in our room it went right away. Breakfast had a good selection. Not alot of places to sit. Some took plates up to their rooms. Our room had a big table we could have used. But instead we kinda doubled up with another family. Airport shuttle came quickly. The hotel phones are right at baggage pickup. They wanted to make sure we had our luggage already when we called. Walked to the shuttle pick up outside and it was the second hotel shuttle to get people from our flight.

Timely thread for us - we'll be at the Amerisuites this Friday (10/21) for one night pre-cruise. I'll post my review when we get back. Vikki, thanks for that info on calling the shuttle from the airport and getting bags first; we'll make sure we do that. One other question: did you tip the Amerisuites shuttle driver once you got to the hotel?

Thanks for the info. Kellie in Texas

Archived