Independence of the Seas Photo Review & Tour - Feb. 22 - 27

• 2 weeks later...
Love your review. I have a question. When you stayed at Rodeway Inn and Suites is there anything close like food and water taxi's.

Not that I know of - we really only had the energy to go to the in-hotel restaurant which was surprisingly good. Honestly, my best bet would be Yelp/Google Maps! They were pretty helpful there, so may be better to ask at the desk as well.

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the delay in posting! I've travelled almost non-stop over the last few months for work. Thank you for all of your well wishes. They are very much appreciated!

Day 1

Here is the pre-cruise cruise compass

27598810566_5d2dc3294d.jpg[/url]

and the back

27559463351_339494d4d8.jpg

27602326426_a93065676f.jpg

After calling our families (and deciding to hold our "Facebook official" announcement until we got back because we didn't have time to call any of our friends before the ship launched) we started walking around the ship. We saw the "Independence of the Seas" life saver and I think it really hit then that we were on a cruise! We walked around, explored, looked at the details on the ship until the rooms opened around 1.

27026772603_9797fcdeac.jpg

We had an inside room on deck 7. Honestly, I really loved our room. I kept describing it to my fiancé (eek! so fun to say that) as a "room in an apartment" - you could DEFINITELY hear when people where coming in/out of their rooms and walking down their halls. But you couldn't hear your neighbors or anyone above/below you. Honestly? I don't expect perfect silence, so this was fine with me. I didn't even really notice it until one morning while I read a book while waiting for him to wake up. Otherwise, it never bothered me/I never noticed it.

27635983525_f0322edb2f.jpg

This room reminded me almost exactly of the room we had when we were on Grandeur (no review to post from that, as we accidentally deleted almost all of our photos from that trip...woops). Not much difference, which is nothing bad, just something to note.

27635997085_5488d4df18.jpg

The room, over all, was nice. Again - it was the same room as we had on the Grandeur. However, it didn't have the crappy curtain in the bathroom - which was even more wonderful! There was a

Edited by livinginyellow

Congratulations on the engagement! And thanks for putting together such an, already, in-depth review. I'll be doing a honeymoon next March on the Independence OTS, and am looking forward to getting a preview to what it's like for 20-somethings aboard her.