Reef snorkel? Cave tubing? Can't decide!

misfit cruiser

We're headed to Belize in May and are having a hard time deciding whether to do snorkeling or the cave tubing! Any insight would be appreciated.

We love snorkeling, and love the idea of swimming with the rays and nurse sharks, but we'll also be snorkeling in Cayman with the rays, and we might snorkel in Cozumel too. The cave tubing sounds exciting and memorable, but no nurse sharks. :p I've also read recently that the water levels in the caves aren't so good, making for a less relaxed excursion - perhaps they'll be back up by next spring?

I'm so torn! I wish we had two days in port so we could do both.

We're headed to Belize in May and are having a hard time deciding whether to do snorkeling or the cave tubing! Any insight would be appreciated.

We love snorkeling, and love the idea of swimming with the rays and nurse sharks, but we'll also be snorkeling in Cayman with the rays, and we might snorkel in Cozumel too. The cave tubing sounds exciting and memorable, but no nurse sharks. :p I've also read recently that the water levels in the caves aren't so good, making for a less relaxed excursion - perhaps they'll be back up by next spring?

I'm so torn! I wish we had two days in port so we could do both.

Just got back last week and did the cave tubing with a private tour. I too would recommend you take a private tour vs. the ship tour you get so much more attention. Also, we were able to do the cave tubing and the aerial trek (canopy tour). It was great to be able to do both and not have to choose.

Thank you for the advice! It does seem we're leaning more towards cave tubing. We'll definitely book off the ship (as long as we have enough time in port). I've read the rave reviews of cavetubing.net and they sound awesome. How far in advance does one need to book with an independent operator? So far, it looks like we'll be the only ship in port that day (hooray!)

Thank you for the advice! It does seem we're leaning more towards cave tubing. We'll definitely book off the ship (as long as we have enough time in port). I've read the rave reviews of cavetubing.net and they sound awesome. How far in advance does one need to book with an independent operator? So far, it looks like we'll be the only ship in port that day (hooray!)

We can recommend Coral breeze limited. Used them on the Valor and even though we were late getting off because Carnival Hogs all the tenders first, they got us there and back before cannival.

Bob:cool:

Archived