***HELP***Please with balcony size SUN/DAWN/CORAL

rona

We have the chance to book our first balcony cabin and need some help knowing which deck and catagory has the LARGE balcony (sometimes they are half open and half covered). This is very important due to my husband recovering from a critical illness and I want to pick the right one (although we probably cannot get a mini suite). Any help you can offer will be much appreciated!!

10/23/04 CARIBBEAN PRINCESS CRUISE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

I have sailed on both the Sun and Dawn and if memory serves me correctly, all the balcony cabins have very tiny balconys. They are all actually indented into the room, so to speak, so there is not much room out there for anything but the small table and two plastic chairs. You might have better luck booking the CP or one of the other Grand Class ships as their balconies differ in size depending on the deck you choose.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

All the standard balcony cabins on the Sun and Dawn are identically sized at about 4.5' x 9'. The Coral balconies are largest on the Caribe Deck at about 9 x 9 for the standard balconies (the "bump" cabins differ a bit).

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Thanks Toto I appreciate your input. We actually are trying to avoid the Grand Class ship for our first time out after long medical condition - thought these ships would be more managable (especially since we once sailed the Ocean Princess) inside cabin though. Anyone else have any input for me - sure would appreciate it.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=0000ff&cdt=2004;10;23;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Oh Burbunny - thank you (I was hoping you would pop up because you have the GREATEST memory) Regarding the Coral and Caribe deck - do you know if they (9 x 9) are completely covered or uncovered and what is the difference on the bump out section?? I guess you mean all the BA - BB - BC - BD etc etc have identical balconies on Caribe deck??? This is the kind of info I hoped to gather.

Regards, Rona

Rona - the Caribe are half open, half covered. The bump out are also partially covered on that deck but a bit smaller.

On the Coral, categories BA, BD and BE are the ones on Caribe, and the BAs are the 9 x 9s. On the Sun/Dawn, the BA, BB, BC and BD are all identically sized on ALL decks. The only difference is location and those on Caribe have a slightly smaller opening (think window in the hull) than those on Riviera, Aloha and Baja.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

And just for a bit more info. The mini suites on the Sun and Dawn also have very long and thin balconys. The same width as the balcony cabins, just twice as long. They do have two lounge chairs along with a table and two chairs.

Best of luck, I hope you find what you are looking for.

Tahitian Princess 10/14/04

RCI-Legend of the Seas 3/27/05 Panama Canal.

One Phantom Booking still open with Princess.

Thanks, Burbunny! We have a BD cabin (Baja 309) on Coral and were curious about how much space we'd have. I was thinking it would be maybe 4-5 feet from door to deck rail, so this is a huge improvement!

Stella Solaris '80

Carnival Celebration '92

RCCL Majesty of the Seas '01

Coral Princess '04

Archived