Jewel/Dawn ACs on 10 Forward Under Bridge

Rumncoke

Just stayed in 10500 on the Star. Yes the interior is noticeably larger - you get a full sized couch, two chairs and a coffee table in that area. We actually enjoyed the balcony being shaded by the bridge. Considering you spend more time in your room than on the balcony, we thought the space tradeoff was fine.

We did have noise issues however. I have no idea why people are pounding around on the bridge every morning between 6 and 10am, but we were awakened by it each day. My husband was quite annoyed since we were staying out late and trying to sleep in. The noise was right over our heads and rattled the metal ceiling tiles. Very rarely did we hear anything during the rest of the day or evening. Our next door neighbors (not under the middle of the bridge) didn't hear any noise at all.

Overall the suite was very nice. Pack some ear plugs just in case!

That is interesting (the noise issue) and hope it holds true for our trip - well for our sake at least. I feel bad for your experience. We are going to be just below the bridge next to an owners suite (so not in the center 2). I would much prefer the center PH for the extra cabin room, but if I am paying for a Penthouse and get woken up at 6am by the crew I won't be a particularly lovely sight to the bridge crew as I leer at them from the balcony.

That is interesting (the noise issue) and hope it holds true for our trip - well for our sake at least. I feel bad for your experience. We are going to be just below the bridge next to an owners suite (so not in the center 2). I would much prefer the center PH for the extra cabin room, but if I am paying for a Penthouse and get woken up at 6am by the crew I won't be a particularly lovely sight to the bridge crew as I leer at them from the balcony.

We sailed the Dawn, once, in an AC, deck 10...center. Great AC as it has the extra space inside:)

"Squeaky shoes" from someone on the the bridge awoke us every evening (during the night)! Only one crew member with squeaky shoes.

AA's on the Dawn and Jewel are off to the side...no noise from above;)

Archived