4/10-4/17 BA M6 mini-review

argetni

Me 40, DW 38, DD 12, DS 4 and BM 83

This was our first cruise as a family but I have cruised 4 times as a kid, 27 years ago being the most recent and that was on MS Sovereign of the Seas. We had room 8128 and my mom had a studio 10501.

Day 1, 4/10/16

The boarding process in NYC was a cluster of epic proportions. People sitting on the floor all over. This is not NCL's fault, the port was never designed to handle passenger loads like this.

We were on board by 1pm or so and had lunch at Savor, very decent meal with the exception of the Peanut butter cup cheesecake which was warm, warm cheesecake is not very appealing to me. Our rooms were not ready for sometime as the ship had arrived late and they were still cleaning up. Upon entering our room 8128, my daughter lifted the toilet seat and was greeted by several hairs of unknown origin and poop splattered in the bowl. I always carry Nitrile gloves and Clorox peroxide wipes when traveling so I took care of it myself. I also wiped down the rest of the room that had noticeably soiled areas. I can forgive this as I know they were rushed and our steward Kris was great the rest of the trip. I gave him $10 the first night and $20 the last and he was very grateful.

While wiping out one the drawers under the sleeper sofa I discovered a split piece of wood with my finger! See pic below of damage to me, I put a link as some may not want to see it. The back of the drawer was broken in two as well. I called Kris and he came right over to see the damage and asked that I go direct to Guest Services to report it. He also called maintenance for a repair (which would take until Tuesday)

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m143/vdub18tspics/IMG_3015_zpsp9f52kmo.jpg

I arrived at guest services and the line was 20 deep, I went to the shore excursions desk and they said just to go right to the guest services desk and skip the line which I did while receiving the stank eye from all in line. The girl at the desk asked if I wanted to see the ships doctor which I did not and then gave me a band-aid and some PI wipes. She said she would make a report and that was the last I hared about it. The bleeding stopped eventually and I was left with a throbbing finger for the next two days. It did bleed again the next morning for a bit, probably since I was heavily partaking in the UBP. It did smart a bit every time I "washy washyed" with the germ star solution.

My daughter decided to try the splash academy mixer that evening. We had preregistered in the port. It was her first and last visit to the splash academy. She hated it and in speaking with other parents of similar aged kids on the ship it seems that was the general consensus. She said "it was boring and the counselors barley were understandable due to their accents."

Day 2, 4/11/16

To be continued

Looking forward to reading more. We were also on this cruise. I may eventually type up a review....but as of today, the "ship" is still rocking for me (and not because of the UBP).

Yes I am still feeling the rocking too :(

Very common according to my research on the issue.