Escape - Black Glass Class????

lalahi1

I'm sorry if someone else has already asked this but i couldn't find anything about it. Does anyone have an info about the Black Glass Classes that they offer at the Cellars. I'm really interested but I'm trying to convince my sister but she wants to know more about it before she will come along with me. Thanks! :):)

"The Cellars Wine Bar (Deck 8): The line's first wine bar, The Cellars, is a Michael Mondavi hangout. It focuses on tasting and education; a curated wine list includes 35 varietals from all over the world, with a leaning toward Latin countries. This venue is stylish, elegant and refined -- an excellent addition to Norwegian's repertoire of signature bars. Its indoor tasting room boasts 180-degree views, but for a truly relaxing experience, skip the indoor bar in favor of the alfresco area on The Waterfront, where a certified sommelier provides service. At Cellars, reasonably priced tapas are on offer (from $4) to help pair with your vino, carried over from Jose Garces' tapas restaurant, Pincho.

Tastings, seminars, winemaker visits and self-guided activities are available during the day, as well as later at night. A regular wine seminar costs $19.95, while special Riedel class is $89.95 (but you get to take home three Riedel glasses as a souvenir). A wine, food and water pairing event is offered at dinnertime. Or just for fun, test your friends to a black glass challenge to see if they can distinguish between reds, whites and blushes without actually seeing the liquid. You also can taste the soil in which the grapes grew (seriously!)."

Brad

I'm sorry if someone else has already asked this but i couldn't find anything about it. Does anyone have an info about the Black Glass Classes that they offer at the Cellars. I'm really interested but I'm trying to convince my sister but she wants to know more about it before she will come along with me. Thanks! :):)

If you decide to do this on your cruise, please take a few pictures and come back here and post them as well as fill us in on how it all went. Sounds very interesting