Century: Fitness/Steam/Sauna facilities...

GigglewolfOfTheSeas

Have sailed on the Millennium and noticed she had great fitness facilities. And the sauna located in the men's locker room, overlooking the ocean is fantastic; very relaxing. However, was disappointed that there was an extra charge for steam facilities and they were co-ed. (Even on RCI they're complimentary.)

Can anyone who's traveled on the Century please describe fitness, steam & sauna facilities on this ship (charge?, co-ed?), as I'm considering a winter trip, prior to the extensive refurbishment taking place next spring?

Thanks for any info you can share.

Have a great time,

Gigglewolf O.T.S. ;)

I thought the Century fitness facility was quite nice, although smaller than on some of the newer ships. The Thalaso pool was AWESOME, and the spa area was as good as on the Mille class ships. Century is a lovely ship, and will be even better after her drydock.

Enjoy!

Cathy

I am just off Mercury, Century's sister. I can tell you that the fitness area is VERY limited, and did not come anywhere near that of the Infinity.

There were about 8 treadmills (7 working), no elipticals, a few stairmasters. There were two benches with a selection of free weights in a very small area, as well as some old and not very functional Nautilus equipment.

The area is quite small and the sauna and steam rooms not particularly appealing. I agree that the T pool is quite nice but I am a fitness devotee and that was not important to me.

I would not cruise Mercury again for that reason. I asked whether the fitness area was getting an update on Century during the refit and have not yet gotten an answer from Celebrity.

Also, the staff was quite nice but the classes (free ones) were very limited.

Archived