Miracle review

sherease23

I also react to MSG (even really, really small amounts) and we are cruising for our first time on Miracle and I'm really nervous about finding things I can eat. I'd love to hear what you found that works for you on board.

I've not sailed the Miracle, but I have sailed a few of Carnival's ships as well as some other cruise lines, and honestly I have never had a problem with MSG on any line. I'm somewhat of a foodie so I like to try new things, my husband is less adventurous and he always finds plenty to eat. The only time I've ever had an issue with the food at all was one time for some reason the pizza did not fit my system right (I'm also hypoglycemic and if I eat sweets or certain carbs I get an insulin dump and end up with really low blood sugar levels) and I ended up with really low blood sugar...usually the protein on the pizza counteracts the crust, but this one time it didn't. Anyway, my point is that I have not had any allergy issues with the foods I eat, however, I rarely eat on the Lido, so I can't really speak to that. I have also found that if you ask, your servers will find out the answer for you, and if you do have eating restrictions your servers can provide you with the next night's menu so you can be prepared in advance or if nothing fits your requirements you can order something "special".

Most deserts on the Lido are pretty to look at but have no flavor. That is nothing really new. I have heard that since I started cruising.

Whoever the pastry chef was on the Miracle at the end of last year was very good. We sailed in October, November and December. They left by the time of the Journeys January cruise. Though the bread puddings and cobbler things were always good as are the cookies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also react to MSG (even really, really small amounts) and we are cruising for our first time on Miracle and I'm really nervous about finding things I can eat. I'd love to hear what you found that works for you on board.

What did she do? She ate regular food and never reacted:)

I will make this short but it won't be sweet. This was my first time on any Cruise and we went to the Mexican Riviera for 7 days. Everyone told me that the food was so great and all of these things but I completely disagree.

The food was some of the worst Food I've ever had in my entire life. The buffet food seem to all be from a can or a box and nothing was fresh the fruit was hard and not sweet all of the desserts seemed to contain some type of gelatin which not only gave it no flavor but it also made it spongy and very strange. At one point we were so disgusted by the texture of the dessert that I actually gagged. My husband tried to push his finger through the cheesecake and it didn't even penetrate it just push down and spring back up like a sponge. As far as the dining room goes I can't even believe that they can call their filet mignon filet mignon because it is far from that. It's more like pot roast which is strange to me because they're nowhere near the same. The only thing that was good in the dining room food-wise was the chocolate melting cake that's it. The only thing that was good Buffet wise with the pizza that's it. It is definitely worth it to go to Nick and Norah's and spend the $35 because that is the only place on the ship that actually has good quality food everything else is so terrible you couldn't pay me to go back. It is so filled with MSG and sodium that my ankles and legs and hands swelled so much that it was actually painful to walk around.

As far as the Camp Carnival goes they were pretty great they took pretty good care of the kids and make sure they had a lot of good stuff to do. The only redeeming quality to this vacation was the staff. Everyone was so incredibly friendly and sweet and kind they just made it all worth it but I can tell you by the end of the trip even something like Burger King sounded good compared to what I had to be eating the whole time. And I am not being overly critical I'm just being very honest it is terrible and I will never do it again until they switch their menu.

As for the pool and the water slide people are right the water slide doesn't work you have to push yourself down and the pool has so many kids that you can't really relax.

So happy you had a good time, look forward to seeing you back in the future!;-)