MUST eats

I second the mushrooms in puff pastry' date=' also the scallop risotto, escargot, fresh fruit and cheese plate from room service, yumm. Laura[/quote']

Laura hit the nail on the head, you have great taste in food! Our waiter brought me Risotto every night for dessert. I am not a sweet eater but could eat the risotto breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Lamb chops too!! but only had them on the Majesty once in the Windjammer of all places.

BonVoyage

Dawna

The scallop risotto appetizer was delicious. I wish I could have licked my plate! :D

I also enjoyed the clam chowder and the chilled fruit soups. Actually, I liked pretty much everything I tried, except for the duck that my DS ordered one night.

I agree with everything Bob said on this one.

The Watermelon Gazpacho alone keeps me cruzin...and I love the Strawberry Bisque...

Also,loved that puff Mushroon pastry.

Last week (or so) on the Mariner..I waited all week for the flourless chocolate cake..They served it on Friday as part of a "sampler plate"..It was a little bitty piece...I was not happy :cool:

I've read on these boards that if you like a specific food that is not provided in a particular restaurant that you can request it, and they will get it for you. For example, I've heard about people who have eaten in Chops but loved the Tiramisu from Portofinos. The waiters brought the Tiramisu from Portofinos to the diners in Chops. It sounds like the best of both worlds.

I plan on putting this to the test on my upcoming cruise. :p

Sometimes they will and sometimes they won't. We have had it both ways. We have dined in Chops before and requested the tiramisu from Portofinos and they have "denied" the request. I think it depends on how "booked" Portofinos is and whether they have enough to "share" or not.

Cookies and sandwiches in the Promanade cafe on the Voyager ships, Pizza in the Solarium on Vision, The mushroom tart, flourless chocolate cake, and the nightly "shooter" dessert in the dining room. Made to order omelet or eggs in the morning. I loved the food in Chops, the steak tar tar appetizer was awesome.

right now my crock pot is plugged in and I am thinking about giving it's contents to the dog and makeing a dinner reservation instead!!! Thanks a lot!

The peanut butter cookies in the Promenade cafe were incredible! Went there one day and they were out, but more would be ready in 15 minutes. They asked for my room number and brought me up some while we were getting ready for dinner! Going on the holiday cruise on Mariner and I can't wait to have those cookies!

I loved the roasted veal shank on the Empress. Also the scallop risotto, and the vegetarian eggplant tower, drizzled with balsamic reduction was Phenominal!! I usually go for the unusual, but the chicken stuffed with proscuitto and brie was great too. It was really stuffed! I enjoyed the Pad Thai noodles in the dining room for lunch.

As a pastry chef I looked forward to tasting desserts that I didn't have to make. The Grand Marnier Souffle was very good. Wasn't crazy about the chocolate creme brulee, but not sorry I had it. The Key Lime Pie was very good, first time I had had it.

Every night my family would head to the Windjammer about 11:30 pm and make a chili cheeseburger or chili cheese fries. The chilli was delicious. Every morning my DH and DD would complain of indigestion from the chilli, but every night they were back again.

[quote name=mmsalmon1987

Every night my family would head to the Windjammer about 11:30 pm and make a chili cheeseburger or chili cheese fries. The chilli was delicious. Every morning my DH and DD would complain of indigestion from the chilli, but every night they were back again.[/quote]

Thanks for the laugh! How true is that......

Bobbie

Every night my family would head to the Windjammer about 11:30 pm and make a chili cheeseburger or chili cheese fries. The chilli was delicious. Every morning my DH and DD would complain of indigestion from the chilli, but every night they were back again.

I thought the windjammer closed at 9:30 PM.

sherry7' date='

You can order the risotto for dinner with extra scallops! 10 days to go and I'll be on the Soveriegn of the Seas. Laura[/quote']

Yum! I didn't know that...thanks for letting me know. I'll try ordering it like that on my next cruise. Super Sized Scallop Rissotto...gotta love it! :D

Archived