Radiance dry dock

I understand the Radiance is scheduled for a dry dock soon. Does anyone know what is planned?

Could be simply the 5-year required marine maintenance. No major changes announced by the cruise line.

Edited by clarea

I understand the Radiance is scheduled for a dry dock soon. Does anyone know what is planned?

So far they are adding VOOM internet (I found it in my Cruise Planner) Don't know what happened to Rita's (it is not on the Cruise Planner any Longer).

We can order voom for our May 15th cruise, so that's coming! I've also heard rumblings about Rita's. I hope it maintains as overflow seating for the buffet at breakfast, We always grab a table out there. Love that there's a coffee station nice and close.

Since it looks like we'll be getting voom. I'll try to update when we're on board of any other changes we can spot.

I heard that it's also getting some worn out furniture/carpet replaced also. Someone that just sailed from Alaska said they had already started doing some repairs before they got to Vancouver. It's been 5 years so I'm sure there is some wear and tear.

When we were on Radiance to Alaska in 2014, Rita's was a crab shack for the Alaskan season. I wish they would put the Seaview Cafe back on the Radiance class ships.

My parents just got off Radiance yesterday (having sailed from Sydney). They said there were indeed plumbing problems (including a burst pipe in their bathroom), and that the wooden handrails had been sanded down during the trip. By the time they were approaching Vancouver, the deck chairs had been moved out of the way. And it sounds like a good lot of barnacle build-up is going to be removed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk, please excuse wonky autocorrects.