Cabin transferring and excursions question

nychad10

Can anyone help me by answering this question?

We have several cabins booked for a cruise in June. I know we switch 1 person from one cabin with another person from another cabin.

My question is will the excursions that one of the people purchased transfer with them or will they be canceled and have to be repurchased?

Were trying to avoid have them canceled because they were purchased with several different carnival gift cards and I would assume they will refund the money back to them.

I can tell you from personal experience within the past month that if you switch people in cabins, it will cancel their excursions. The bad thing is, the agent will likely tell you the excursion is not canceled, but it cancels at midnight EST. In my case, I specifically asked if the excursions were still there and she said yes. I finished up on the phone with the agent, checked my booking and it was still there. Then at 1 am I got an email saying my excursion had been canceled. So, just be forewarned.

momin05

Thank you for the info.

If you don't mind me asking did you book yours with gift cards or a credit card? And how did they credit them back to you? The agent actually told me they would be canceled and to just rebook them. They are still available so I don't really mind doing that. I'm more concerned on how there going to credit me back. I have so many used carnival gift cards that I don't even know which ones I used to book them.

Edited by nychad10

It is funny you should ask that, because after I wrote that reply, it occurred to me that I never thought about the refund. This is a long story. But I paid with credit card. It was FTTF that canceled and it was sold out when it got canceled on me. I called back the next day and told them what happened, that I specifically asked about the excursion and was told it would not be canceled. It was escalated and they ended up giving me the FTTF (I really needed it for priority checkin for a family member recovering from surgery who can't stand for long and our other cabin had it). After a few days I got an email saying they had reinstated it and it would be charged to my sail and sign...it was a workaround because it was sold out. But I was so concerned about getting it back that I never thought about it until just now about getting my original payment back. The credit card I had put it on is no longer in use. I guess I am going to have to call them tomorrow morning and see about this. But to answer your question, the cancellation email I got said it would be put back on my card.

It is funny you should ask that, because after I wrote that reply, it occurred to me that I never thought about the refund. This is a long story. But I paid with credit card. It was FTTF that canceled and it was sold out when it got canceled on me. I called back the next day and told them what happened, that I specifically asked about the excursion and was told it would not be canceled. It was escalated and they ended up giving me the FTTF (I really needed it for priority checkin for a family member recovering from surgery who can't stand for long and our other cabin had it). After a few days I got an email saying they had reinstated it and it would be charged to my sail and sign...it was a workaround because it was sold out. But I was so concerned about getting it back that I never thought about it until just now about getting my original payment back. The credit card I had put it on is no longer in use. I guess I am going to have to call them tomorrow morning and see about this. But to answer your question, the cancellation email I got said it would be put back on my card.

As far as FTTF, it doesn't have to be cancelled. I have it for a June 2016 cruise and have changed rooms a couple of times, the FTTF has followed me - I use a PVP for my changes.

Just checked my credit card bill and it had been refunded. Kiddos to my cc company for applying it to my new card.

Changing rooms might be different, like upgrading to a different room. But switching people around in rooms appears to have this effect, if you are switching the person that FTTF is associated with (it is only associated with one person per cabin). At least my experience with switching people around in rooms is they cancel the two people, then rebook them in the other rooms. For example, if A and B are in one room and C and D in another and I call to switch so that A and C are together and B and D are together, they will cancel B and C and rebook them. Excursions associated with B and C will be canceled at midnight. That was confirmed by a supervisor I spoke with.