Standing Ovation for Food

I think that Royal may have created a problem for themselves with the very high standard of food being offered all across the ship on The Ovation of the Seas.

Without doubt any of the teething problems normally associated with a new ship have been overcome by the excellent culinary team.

We have now had the pleasure of being on board for the last 8 days, and have dined in all the restaurants on offer.

Food in all areas from the Windjammer to Wonderland has been amazing, the second buffet in the Solarium Bistro is also excellent.

The 4 dining rooms that replace the standard Main Dining Room all offer improved menus, and the food taste and presentation is way above that found on other ships.

So what is the problem, well simply I and others will be hoping that this same standard will be featured across the fleet, although I expect this will be hard to achieve.

Massive congrats to the Culinary Team on board you should be very proud of your achievements.:D

What high praise and I am sure well deserved. Currently reading a lengthy pictorial review of the first Ovation of the Seas cruise and very good reviews were given to all dining areas on the ship.

I hope that this first cruise will be the benchmark for all future cruises and they will be awarded a genuine 5* accolade by all future cruisers, of which I will be one, but not until January 2018 (Sydney).

I hope they maintain these standards and extend the quality across the fleet, I have been very impressed with both The Grand and Chic dining rooms, and Solarium Bistro is a perfect option for Lunch avoiding the crowd in The Windjammer.

Wow, I am impressed. Hope they keep up the high standard, at least till June when I board;)

Would agree with you - the food & service was excellent. We didn't experience any teething issues normally associated with new ships. Each night Bruce & Greg the head waiters circulated around all of the restaurants asking for feedback. Met them before on Quantum and Anthem, they really do encourage high standards. I understand that they will soon be joining the Harmony.

Well done Ovation, was a fantastic experience!

We were only on the 3 night pre inaugural and I have to agree that the food was generally excellent - glad to see they have kept up the standard. Why oh why are there all these rumors of doing away with dynamic dining on the anthem ? Big mistake if you ask me.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app