Britannia Slippery decks and Flip Flops

pudd

Hello there. I was just wondering if anyone has found the decks slippery whilst wearing flip flops around the wet pool deck. I have had a few comedy moments before and nearly ending up in pain on deck. Was interested to know if others find it slippery or if those "croc" type shoes are less slippery. I wear them around the pool at my gym but that surface is not the same.

Yep slippy in flip flops just like on Ventura and Azura watched many many people nearly coming a cropper!! did it my self a couple of times not a nice feeling and so easy to jar your back and end up in pain for the rest of your holiday

I stopped wearing them on board

I find it slippery when wet, and crocs were the worse on wet decks by the pool. Although I wore them in the thermal suite shower area with no problems.

On Britannia, we enjoyed the adult only pool area, it was very comfortable and no slippery floor that I remember.

Bad news then. Still slippery. Is a bit dodgy putting down a floor around a pool knowing it is slippery when wet. Most people wear flip flops as the deck is usually red hot when in the sun. I will have to be super careful and only tread on the dry bits. Will see how the adult pool is on Brittania.

As far as I can remember the flooring around the adult pool on Britannia is exactly the same as the flooring around the main Lido deck pools, just much less used and a lot less splashing/water being trailed out of the pool, so the floor doesn't get as wet and is therefore less slippery.

All of the smooth outdoor deck areas and stairs, not the astro-turf stuff, were treacherous when wet and drainage seemed to be pretty bad. Anything more than a light shower resulted in huge puddles.

Bad news then. Still slippery. Is a bit dodgy putting down a floor around a pool knowing it is slippery when wet. Most people wear flip flops as the deck is usually red hot when in the sun. I will have to be super careful and only tread on the dry bits. Will see how the adult pool is on Brittania.

we all have to be careful when wearing these holiday "Must Have's".

They are always included in our luggage.

Although there are fashion police here who complain about them.

Just occurred to me, pudd, take care also on the gangways, if they are using the ridged metal ones, when wet.

In Aruba we'd had a couple of light morning showers; coming down the gangway I was wearing Trespass walking sandals (so with good grips) and holding the railing, yet still went flying. My feet completely went from under me, there was no way I could save myself and I also had trouble getting to my feet again as the surface was slippery. Got quite a nasty cut on my leg from the metal surface.

In fairness, we are all adults and should know that any surfaces can get slippery when wet! The problem with flip flops as well is that you do not walk the same way as in normal shoes....easy to slip in them in the dry if not careful.

It has ever been so on boats and ships.....hence the advent of "deck shoes" !