Clarification on balcony discount

I am booked on Freedom in October and am platinum. I see now that I may be able to get a balcony discount. I don't know how I missed this savings on my previous cruises, I guess I just thought it was for D or higher. Whoops.

I booked a long time ago under BOGO, can I add the balcony discount now or will it trigger a rebook? The rate has increased quite a bit since booking. I am getting $140 on board credit from Costco (my travel agent) if that matters. Also, who do I call Rccl or Costco?

I am booked on Freedom in October and am platinum. I see now that I may be able to get a balcony discount. I don't know how I missed this savings on my previous cruises, I guess I just thought it was for D or higher. Whoops.

I booked a long time ago under BOGO, can I add the balcony discount now or will it trigger a rebook? The rate has increased quite a bit since booking. I am getting $140 on board credit from Costco (my travel agent) if that matters. Also, who do I call Rccl or Costco?

You would have to call your travel agent, and it would trigger a re-pricing.

If you were platinum at the time of booking your TA should have taken care of your discount at that time. To get it now it will be repriced.

I agree, the TA should have applied it at the time of booking.

Suggestions: I would call the TA and bring this to their attention. See what they have to say. If not favorable ask them to cover the balcony discount in form of an OBC as they should have known what they are doing when you booked. If not favorable ask them to call resolutions to see if they can have it applied at the original price. Have them make it a 3 way call. One step at a time.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind