Favorite Food on Princess

scubalisa

Guest AdiosReality

How did you all know my favorite subject? Hmm where to begin.... Oh yes, every morning we start with coffee in our room, then its upstairs to the horizon court to see how much of our cruise cost we can stuff down our throats. My fave soup is the lobster bisque, the best I have ever had was on the sapphire. Breakfast, okay, so I am not the most health concious (sp?) but I love the tropical fruit and some yogurt in the morning. Lunch is always HC. We eat just about everything, my favorite pasta was on the sapphire, it was a sundried tomato pasta that was soooo good, I have never had the alfredo, but I HAVE to try it. We always snack in between meals Love the pizza! And the french fries from the grill are great. Baked Alaska and crem brule are the best! Bar none. Dinner, is usually HC, theres a pattern here, we hate to dress up! We do it about once a cruise, Dinner in HC is usually the same in the dining room But any and all shell fish are totally okay with me! I don't eat meat except for shell fish so anytime they serve coconut shrimp, its heaven!

You are all making me hungry!!!! I'm preparing for my first trip on Princess. My son and I are 'checking out' the cruiseline before we plan our Alaskan trip for a group of dear friends. I've cruised a number of times on two other cruiselines, one of which is no longer in business.

On one of the cruiseline there are yummy chilled soups - strawberry bisque and a chilled orange soup. Does Princess have something like that?

Glad to hear the pizza is top notch. My son, who will be three weeks away from 16 when we go, will be happy to hear that.

I always enjoy these favorite Princess foods lists. Here's mine:

Eggs Florentine

Supreme of Duck (appetizer)

French Onion Soup

Rack of Lamb

Birthday Dessert (Loveboat Dream in a gold-leaf paper cylinder)

My favorites from the Princess wine list:

Cuvaison Chardonnay

Kenwood Jack London Cabernet

Bon Appetit!

Chris

I love it when someone starts this thread!!! Brings back great memories of Island Princess: Ice cream; veal roast, piping hot and dripping juice; and breakfast choices in Horizon Court; fresh rolls; papaya and pineapple after we hit the islands;

From the CB on 10/8:

The escargots! OMG!

All Souffles!

Fois gras!

Veal on Italian night!

Amariti (dessert cookies on Italian night. Ask for a plate of them! Pine nuts galore!)

Sterling's steaks!

Chilean Sea Bass in Sabatinis!

Fried shrimp in Cafe Caribe!

I thought the scrambled eggs in the Horizon Cafe were very good, and the bacon crispy. Hard to do, but Princess does it.

Cooked-to-order Omelets were also quite good.

I was looking forward to the Fettucini Alfredo - but I did not think it was at all special. I tasted some later, with a lot more sauce, and it was much better.

On one of the cruiseline there are yummy chilled soups - strawberry bisque and a chilled orange soup. Does Princess have something like that?.

Yes, and they are very good. Princess' ice cream is made onboard and very delicious -- and they use ice cream as a base for some of the cold soups.

There is an apple/peach soup; a yogurt and tamarind soup that is very nice; and a chilled papaya soup (nummy!) There is probably a chilled soup on about half the diner menus.

I can't resist chiming in.........

I love the seafood in puff pastry, lobster tails, the seafood stuffed avacado boat, the hazel-nut souffle w/vanilla sauce, creme brulee, the room service flan etc. After you have sailed a line as many times as we have Princess you develop a good list of favorites. My DH is very fond of the escargot, tried them 1st cruise and never misses out. By the way if you like Pina Coladas (sp?) the chilled Pina Colada soup is quite tastey.

Pizza...almost NY quality.

I agree on the cookies (Amaratti)...they also make a nice treat in the morning with coffee.

Antipasto at Sabatini's, and the Minestrone soup.

Any of the pastas in the dining room for dinner...we usually get an order to share so we can also have another entree. :D

:D Beef Wellington is my absolute favorite!:D

I was on the Island Princess 9/23-10/8 (first cruise) and I had the Beef Wellington for the very first time and I loved it. I told my husband I could eat it every day.

I also loved the french toast in the Horizon Court and the rice pudding (they had this everyday at breakfast).

The hazelnut souffle was so yummy!

I also really liked the club sandwich that was on the room service menu.

Archived