$400 deposit on a cruise yesterday. Gone today.

cactus_baby

Yesterday I called carnival to book a cruise for next summer. I found out that the deposit went down to $400 from $800 the days before. I didn't book because I didn't know they don't except your credit from another cruise I canceled. This morning I check the website and now it's back up to $800 for a deposit. How do you know when they offer less deposit's? It's frustrating! Should have done it yesterday, but was shocked I couldn't use my credit.

They sent out emails to me and all the cruisers in my family about the sale ending. It was even on the website.

Using a future cruise credit from cruise cancellations cannot be used for deposits. I'm sorry you did not know this.

You will need to keep checking the website for other promotions and make sure your email is set up to receive offers from Carnival under your profile. Then whenever they run another special, be sure to get in on it right away. Be prepared to pay the deposit with another form of payment, though. Also make sure you are 100% committed to the cruise you pick. Sometimes the deposits are nonrefundable as in not even future cruise credit will be offered. And almost all the time they will be ES.

They offer specials on deposits several times a year. Sometimes it's 50 percent off per person , sometimes it's 49 per person. It is heavily advertised at least in my area. I agree with getting emails sent because you will get those notifications as well as other specials if you register your email.

Try not to wait until the last day to call. Sometimes you cannot get through the phone lines on the last day. I always book online as soon as I can to get the best deals. Good luck to you.

Thank you firemanbobswife. I will sign up for those email alerts. Do you know if they offer the $400 deposit special often?

It seems like they have been doing some sort of reduced deposits tied to ES fairly regularly. Since the last "sale" just ended yesterday, I would think another one won't be far off. Keep checking Carnival.com. They usually scroll the specials across the homepage.

However, if you have a cruise already booked, make sure to completely log out (so you don't see anything about making payments, check-in info, or Shore Excursions, etc.) as you won't get the sale info on there.

Edited by firemanbobswife

Using a future cruise credit from cruise cancellations cannot be used for deposits. I'm sorry you did not know this.

Actually, it can if you book a new cruise at the same time as cancelling the ES cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

One thing I have learned is you have to check carnivals web site four to five times a day to look for deals. I am lucky that I am retired and can check all the time. I have seen the price of a cruise change three times in a 24 hour period. When I get up in the middle of the night to use my Nebulizer and while I am doing my treatment I am on carnival checking for any deals. I have saved many hundreds of dollars by booking EARLY SAVER and checking often. So my advice is check any chance you get. HAPPY SAILING!!!

That's what I've heard. I haven't had any experience with that. However in this case it appears they had already cancelled.

Correct, in the OP's case it's a moot point, unfortunately. But thought I would point it out for others that might me reading this, so they wouldn't be confused should they ever have to cancel.

Actually, it can if you book a new cruise at the same time as cancelling the ES cruise.

Thank you for letting me know this! It is too late now as I cancelled the other cruise back in the fall. Good to know for the future!

Yesterday I called carnival to book a cruise for next summer. I found out that the deposit went down to $400 from $800 the days before. I didn't book because I didn't know they don't except your credit from another cruise I canceled. This morning I check the website and now it's back up to $800 for a deposit. How do you know when they offer less deposit's? It's frustrating! Should have done it yesterday, but was shocked I couldn't use my credit.

You are too late now.

my pvp is in my friends on facebook, I set his posts to first, he always announces those sales, every single sale that pops up, he not only posts the sale, but also lists every cruise they're relevent on, helps me keep those OBC rolling in.

I don't get notices/advertisements with sales or reduced deposits. No emails either. I do , however, log into my account on Carnival and check the sales listed and the special offers associated with my VIFP number. Once in awhile we'll get a postcard in the mail with a special offer.

I booked last month when my husband's account showed a reduced deposit of $500 with OBC I thought that was a good deal to lock in our price. Today just to see what kind of deals our kids would have, if any I plugged in my son's VIFP # and for the same holiday cruise-4 people, he has a $199 total deposit. I could not believe it. I would have never thought to look at my kids accounts for discounts/deals but I guess I need to start checking their accounts also. My kids have always cruised with us and have 4 cruises each.

I don't get notices/advertisements with sales or reduced deposits. No emails either. I do , however, log into my account on Carnival and check the sales listed and the special offers associated with my VIFP number. Once in awhile we'll get a postcard in the mail with a special offer.

Dh has 18 cruises with Carnival and use to get offers but nothing in the last 2 years. Me, I have never once received a VIFP offer and I do check all of the time.

I wonder how they pick who get what.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

There are different deals for different VIFP#s? I only ever check my number.

When we first started cruising I used to get all the deals with nothing in my husband's account. This last year that all changed and the best deals were showing up on my husband's account. OBC, reduced deposit, special sales for longer cruises were all under his number. When I booked our cruise the lady at Carnival said that my offers had just expired and I knew that I never saw any of these deals under my VIFP # since I had been searching the prices everyday.

I am OK with our price since all the rates have jumped up $300+ since I booked.