How far in advance??

srp1419

Hi everyone! I'm just wondering how far in advance should you book your wedding, for planning and organizing from the cruise line it's self, and second how far in advance should you book when keeping friends and family in mind.

Our problem is my fiancé doesn't get his available vacation options for the following year until November. We really don't want to chance it going in hurricane season even though I know the odds are pretty good we wouldn't encounter one.

So this leaves us pretty much knowing in November 2016 when we could get married the next year. Possibilities could include Januaury - April 2017 (giving 2-5 months adavace notice) or December 2017 (giving one years notice) there are far better prices and itineraries from January-April however I am not sure if this is enough time, for the cruise line it's self or for guests?

Has your fiance asked about possibly getting an exemption on waiting to get vacation approved? My fiances is the same way and he was able to ask early because it was his wedding. You are going to have to be super flexible on dates with no time for others to plan on coming/cruising if you cant book beforehand. You will be left with whats left over

My daughter is getting married on the Conquest and she was told to make arrangements as soon as possible depending on where you are getting married. She is having an embarkment wedding so needed to already make the arrangements. They can only do 2 - 3 at that time. She was told there was already 1 booked, So she booked last week even though we're not sailing until Jan 2017.

We got engaged on Valentine's Day 2014 and married August 3, 2014. We booked the cruise in March. I did buy a dress off the rack because this was a second marriage for both of us and we have grown children and I did not wear a big white dress, so other than the dress, we did the whole thing in a few months. There really is very little planning to do. Clearly we didn't send out Save the Dates because there was no time. We sent our invites out on May 1 and had them due by June 1. We didn't want people procrastinating and forgetting since it was a hard deadline to get everybody's names and ID to Homeland Security or whoever actually gets them. My wedding was perfect and exactly how I wanted it to be. Seriously, TWE won't even start getting to your wedding until just a couple months before anyway.

You are correct in that twe won't be doing much until closer to the cruise date, but she did need to get the reservation in to hold her spot. Also we don't live in Florida so there is a little more paperwork that needs to be taken care of. Everything else doesn't need to be turned in until about Nov. She really hit it lucky on her dress tho. We needed to kill some time before a chiropractor's appt and there is a David's Bridal shop near there. We went in just to look as she had no idea what kind of a dress she even wanted. We were sitting in the dressing room area while the consultant was gathering a few dresses and my daughter looked up at a dress that was hanging in the room across where we were sitting and went over and looked at it. She asked to try it on. It fit perfectly, right length, which was surprising as she is 5'9", and I cried. lol. She did try on a couple of others but decided on the first one. We said it had to be the one since it was the only one that made me cry. lol. And it was on sale, another bonus!

Yes, you really are limited only by if they have openings or not. Obviously some time periods go faster than others.But I figure why take the chance of the time period I want not being available. So if you can book your wedding soon and guarantee your time slot why not go ahead and do it.