Can you choose the day?

srp1419

Hi! We are strongly considering having our symbolic ceremony on Carnival. We will het legally married before going as it will make things easier for us.

Will Carnival allow us to choose which day we want to have our symbolic (vow renewal) ceremony?

I know I read stuff vaguely about not doing it on formal nights. Or the first day but I'm not sure if that's correct. The itinerary we are looking at, has a day at sea on the 2 day, and the 2 last days.

If you book before your cruise the Weddings department will share as much info with you as they can and they will allow you to choose your entertainment options (if you book the larger package) which will secure where your reception is.

Once your onboard you'll work with a coordinator that will help you to get everything set up. Our coordinator contacted us the first night at dinner, we met with her the next morning at breakfast, and she laid out what our options were (we elected for the day after (2nd sea day on the way to our first port). You can't do embark day, debark, or formal nights. We got married three years ago and some things have changed (the cost of photography O.O), but there is a review in my signature.

If you book before your cruise the Weddings department will share as much info with you as they can and they will allow you to choose your entertainment options (if you book the larger package) which will secure where your reception is.

Once your onboard you'll work with a coordinator that will help you to get everything set up. Our coordinator contacted us the first night at dinner, we met with her the next morning at breakfast, and she laid out what our options were (we elected for the day after (2nd sea day on the way to our first port). You can't do embark day, debark, or formal nights. We got married three years ago and some things have changed (the cost of photography O.O), but there is a review in my signature.

I was under the impression that you had to married while the ship was docked?

Only if you want a legal ceremony. There are a few of us in recent years who made the decision to get legally married before sailing in order to prevent legal complications and then had a symbolic ceremony onboard while at-sea. The ceremony and reception (for the more expensive package) is exactly the same and you don't have to deal with the stress of non-sailing guests and embarkation. Plus we saved over $2,000 doing it this way, which we put into paying for our parents to cruise with us. We took our honeymoon a month later without our families.

Edited by Carnival_Brides

Hmm. Mine isn't legal, I'm having to get legally married first. But I was told that you could not get married on a day when it was sailing. I'm ok with it since my brother is unable to sail but is able to fly to the Bahamas for the day. I just hope they're giving out correct information. I'm also only on a 5 day cruise, that may have something to do with it?

Hmm. Mine isn't legal, I'm having to get legally married first. But I was told that you could not get married on a day when it was sailing. I'm ok with it since my brother is unable to sail but is able to fly to the Bahamas for the day. I just hope they're giving out correct information. I'm also only on a 5 day cruise, that may have something to do with it?

These ceremonies fall under the "Vow Renewal" umbrella, as they don't offer "weddings" other than those at embarkation or in a port--if you call CCL you'll want to say symbolic ceremony. If your brother has to fly-in you might look into having a ceremony at a resort, so you don't have to deal with getting him on the ship for a ceremony.

They have promised that getting him on the ship would be easy. Fingers crossed! The wedding is set for June 18 in Freeport, adding my brother on was all last minute so I didn't really plan around him, and I also wanted to do it as easy as possible

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk